Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Mermaids and great lake warriors?

Recent shows I'm seeing on the History Channel. The Mermaid body found show was fiction done up as a documentary.. had me believing it! Mermaid body found documentary causes confusion among viewers - National unexplained phenomena | Examiner.com

then Last night I saw this new one.
"Great Lake Warriors" .. Eh.. don't know that I'd call it that but it seems to give one an inside look of tug boating!
New History Channel Show Featuring the Great Lakes | Northland's NewsCenter: News, Weather, Sports | NBC, CBS, MyNetworkTV, and The CW for Duluth MN / Superior WI | Local News

My boat is for sale.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2012
ancient mariner

captbillc is on a distinguished road
Re: Mermaids and great lake warriors?

you believed it ???? a woman with the lower half as a fish doesn't favor reproduction of the species. i don't have cable, so i didn't see the tug boats. some of the story was about my hometown harbor, duluth, mn on the far western end of lake superior. i belong to the twin ports lodge of the international shipmasters so i see some of the tug skippers when we meet and we swap stories.
Old 07-20-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

because it was so well done in doc style. it had me fooled for a few mins anyway.

My boat is for sale.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2012

KIVALO is on a distinguished road

To say the history channel has gone down hill is an understatement. I used to really enjoy that channel. I watched the great lakes show for all of 60 seconds before it became to contrived and fake. There is nothing real about "realty tv", its all manufactured drama for ratings.

Brad
s/v KIVALO
WORK IS OVER-RATED