SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

The bermuda yacht company ltd

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mitiempo 
#1 · (Edited)
Does any body or member know whether this Company exist and whether the vessel they are show casing and claim to being built.

See - About Us. The Bermuda Yacht Company LTD is a family-run business based in Bermuda.

http://www.7knots.com/CGI/list_forum.pl?board=Misc_And_Others&view=591&scroll=1

Have tried to search the Web to actually view the completed vessel and one would expect full photographs including the interior by the charter company chartering it, would be available.

I have searched the Buermuda Tourist bureau for information but they list all the yacht charter companies other than THE BURMUDA YACHT COMPANY LTD. Also can't find a Web site in the same name chartering in Burmuda where the usual Rates - Fees and the provision to book a actual charter. Or a web site advising details re Planned Chartering Date for the proposed Bermuda 77 and / or a existing vessel asking for expression in interests in chartering and nominating the months and years ahead so as when the 77 is actually launched they would have a ready prospect base.

Look forward for comments and help.

Thanks.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
There is a video on line with the boat being launched, photos on Facebook with the boat with a carbon mast and press news.

Knysna-Plett Herald | Huge catamaran almost ready for launch

There is also a space for booking (empty):

Bermuda Yachts - The Bermuda 77

But I cannot find a single photo of the interior, so I think they are still making it. I would not book the boat unless I could do that without paying (for now), till they can actually show that they really have a finished boat to charter.

#7 ·
Bermuda is a lousy place to build a boat. Very expensive and everything has to be imported. I spent 2 weeks there in the 90's. My grandfather was born in Hamilton. A fantastic place to visit but no industry except what is needed to support the local infrastructure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.