Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree78Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Improving Sailnet

I think Yall should just leave it the way it is......What are you gonna do, Improve, the graphics? It's an open on going discussion about sailing stuff. Pretty simple. It would be boring if we all agreed on everything....and I'll back that up, what are you gonna do about it?
bljones and chrisncate like this.
Old 07-29-2012

BentSailor will become famous soon enough

@CruisingDad: I have no problems with CF being the way it is - their website/forum, their rules. I'm not even saying they are bad, only that some folks here find the atmosphere there stifling. Some of those same folks find SA over the top. It's not a matter of what is good or bad, but what we as forum members prefer. Kind of like how I don't black liquorice, but don't think it is a "bad" confectionary - just not one I wish to have.

I wouldn't even have referred to CF if it weren't offered as the example for why we should (must?) get rid of the OT forums. I don't spend time there, so I don't see it as the forum to emulate. Sorry if this was an unhelpful response - I'm far from trying to cause inter-forum issues!
Old 07-29-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Everyone,

I think this discussion has been awesome. THere have been some extrordinary contributors here. I simply cannot name them all. Capt Aarron (love it, to the point no nonsense and wonderful POV), SV Auspicious (thank you and lots of great suggestions and interest... you have put hours of thought into this as is apparent), Smack (bite me... and for those that dont know, Smack has long been one of SN biggest supporters), minnekawsa (always pragmatic and good suggestions... A GREAT CONTRIBUTOR HERE!) ,bljones (very to the point and doesnt hold back punches, great input and thankis), chrisncate (thoughtful and really interested in helping and giving of his time), hellosailor (solarstick lover... snicker, always enjoy your posts), semijim (great point of view and also tell sit like he sees it), bubblehead (always supportive), nightowl, joediver (you know I spent years in Dallas and went to Bryan Adams, right?), denise (got to meet you one day!!! always enjoy your suggestions) and rob, cupper (I know who to go to for technical stuff!), Marty (has bulldog envy but also a long time SN supporter and good friend) and FLying welch (love the candid remarks and enjoy your posts) miata, squidd, my friend Jim M (great suggestions... a good thoughtful SN companion and always supportive and a voice of reason), WIngNWing (well J - you know how I feel and look forward to having that cold one my dear friend and I AM BUYING!!), Bent (always a great POV and a reasonsable gentleman... miss our discussions in OT), Smurphny (enjoy reading your thoughts both inside this thread and outside... good posts), CHallo (my friend, thank you as always, always had my back and hope we can meet one day, good supporter here that makes us who we are), Geoff (rememner by PM, will try to do my best), ccriders (great suggestions btw and thoughtful - glad you participate here primarily and we all enjoy your posts), Mainesail (one of the most knowledgeable posters and memebers I have ever known and we are fortunate to have him here), sawingknots (hopefully we will find a middleground), Slow (for your frequent posts and effortss, thank you), all of you... thank you. THank you for taking the time to care enough to make our site better. You do realize that, right? It is OUR site? We make it for what it is.

I am going to run many ideas by the SN owners. Hopefull everyone realizes that me and the other mods are nothing but volunteers that do this to better our site. We get nothing out of this but the satisfaction that we are trying to help and make a difference. In that way, those of you who have responded are absolutely no different. You took the time here to try and give your thoughts and ideas. We are all in this boat together.

You know, with only a very few exceptions (none of whom can post on this site anymore), I have yet to meet a sailor on here who I would not love to sit down and have a beer or coffee with. I dont agree with them all. THey certainly (snicker) dont agree with me. But this place is filled with lots of great people whose different personalities make this a fun place to sign in and hang out. Thanks again to everyone. My boat is always open to come by for a drink. I might even make you a Catalina lover....

Brian

PS A very special thanks to SV Auspicious who has really dedicated a lot if his time here to make this better. We dont always agree on sailing related stuff, but for the record, I have tremendous respect for him. He gives a lot of himself to make us (SN, the forum, and especially the many members who sign on) a better place. Certainly the same can be said for Mainesail and the many others who do this only because they care.

PPS I am shutting down this thread. We've reached the point that I cannot absorb any more (actually, probably more than I can absorb). I am going to try and make some changes here and will try and explain some things I am doing. Give me a bit of time as I am moving back to go FT Cruising with family and next two weeks will be 'interesting'.
JimMcGee, chef2sail and chrisncate like this.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-29-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Once again, to everyone...

THANK YOU!!!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Closed Thread