Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012
Huck

smallboatlover is on a distinguished road
What to do with all the extra room?

What should i do with all the room under the cockpit? i have 4ft benches what are on a hindge and lift up to revail the underside of the cockpit. I can go down there and neel down and still have a foot of room about my head and walk around crouched over down there. Any way i can mazimize this room? i hate the idea of it being wasted space.
Also What the pros to a ice box? i have one haven't used it yet i think it kinda dumb? any way to convert it to minifridge or something or use that space for something else?

ideas welcome please
Old 08-12-2012

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: What to do with all the extra room?

Seems to me there is never enough space to store all my gear. Keep your boat light and it will sail better. I'm sure as you venture further you will find plenty of "stuff" to fill the empty spaces. Maybe you can customize this space with a line hanger, spares locker, water jugs, life vests, spare anchor, etc. I think an ice chest or cooler will be a better option for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2012
Huck

smallboatlover is on a distinguished road

well on port side theres this board there that holds the gas tank atleast the extra tank. and what yo umean by line hanger? and also how would i install a cooler? the pain is that the cockpit ppl seat and the cussions are there its just a pain right now got to figure some thing out better then what im doing. i have my fenders and dock line on the startboard side just laying on the bottom.
Old 08-12-2012

SchockT is on a distinguished road

A line hanger...a place to hang all of your neatly coiled lines when not in use rather than having them in a jumble at the bottom of a locker. not only does it keep them organized, but it allows them to dry. The space you describe is also a good place to put your fenders, spare dock lines, crab traps etc. There is no end to the stuff that finds it's way into such a locker! in addition to the above, we also have collapsible kayak paddles, cleaning supplies, dip nets for the kids to play with, a compact hose reel....the list goes on!

On some boats I have installed refrigeration on I have glassed in a shelf inside one of those lockers and located the condensing unit there as it is better than having it in the cabin area. If you don't already have a propane locker, the lazarette is also a good location for one of those....

It really depends on what you hope to do with your boat!
Hull#101
Old 08-12-2012

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road

An easy way to store stuff is in Plastic milk crates. As you get more stuff you can start organizing you laz better for easy access to the stuff you use regularly. Funny thing, the thing I need now is always on the bottom!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.