Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012

wanttoo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wanttoo
Questions about cruising with a Indonesian wife.

Hello, I have some Questions about traveling with a foreign wife. My wife and I plan on cruising around on a boat in about 3 years. I was wondering how different the entrance rules and regulations for an Indonesian differ from an American? Will it be harder for her to receive a visa? Is there anybody out there that has the same issue that I do? Cruising with an Indonesian! Is there a web site that she can find out what she will have to do to enter the different country’s we might visit? My wife has an american green card, but will be using her Indonesian passport. she does not want to lose her indonesan assets by becoming a US citizen. Indonesian does not reconize dual citizenship.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2012
Banned

ParadiseParrot is on a distinguished road
Re: Questions about cruising with a Indonesian wife.

You will in general be looking at increased hassles in the way of paperwork.
Shorter stays...possibly increase fees.Definently visa's are something you should look up on the web for the next country of entry b4 going.
Old 08-13-2012
Sailboat Reboot

svzephyr44 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to svzephyr44

Each country is different and the rules change on a semi-regular basis. Most countries have a web site that outlines visa requirements for visitors. You will have to visit each site individually as there is no "general rule." She will of course have to fulfill the requirements for a visitor from Indonesia.

Ham: W2ZDB Reboot: WDB8435
Web Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-13-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

SailNet FAQ section is for questions about SailNet the forum. I'm going to move this thread into General Sailing.

Good luck, wanttoo, in your future sailing endeavors.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-13-2012
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road

This is the site that I and most cruisers use to find out about entering a country by boat http://www.noonsite.com/

Here is a typical section

Quote:
All visitors require a passport valid for at least 6 months.

No visas are required by nationals of the U.K., Australia, Canada, USA, EU countries, Japan and Commonwealth countries (except nationals of Bangladesh, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, India, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Sri Lanka who do require a visa).

On arrival, immigration will issue a visa for the duration of one's stay(maximum of 6 months). It is advisable to request more than the intended time, as extensions must be obtained from the capital of St John's and can cost as much as US$100.

If crew leave the boat in Antigua, they must have a valid airline ticket out of the country; it is the captain's responsibility to provide this ticket for all persons leaving and to ensure that they sign off the ship's crew with immigration. Crew arriving to join a yacht by air must show to immigration on arrival a copy of a letter signed by the captain, together with a copy of the ship's papers. Immigration must be notified of any crew departures or changes.

Last updated December 2011.

For Visa Applications:-
Apply to Permanent Mission of Antigua and Barbuda
antigua@un.int
Opening Hours: 10am-3pm (Mon-Fri)
Where are you thinking of cruising?

Last edited by TQA; 08-13-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-13-2012
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

wanttoo, what's so complicated? You are a US citizen, she is an Indonesian citizen. Anyplace you go, you will each be treated according to your citizenship, with totally different rules in many places. So you make up your travel itinerary and you call, or write, ahead to find out the rules in each place you want to go. The advantage to WRITING is that when someone says "No this is wrong" you can show them the letter and explain their own superiors have told you otherwise.
Old 08-13-2012

copacabana is on a distinguished road

I would think the Indonesian state department site has a list of countries for which its citizens need a visa for entry. It's just a question of getting the visas in advance or informing yourself of the possibility of getting one upon arrival at a port of entry (sometimes permitted if arriving by boat). Otherwise, I shouldn't imagine any problems while traveling on an Indonesian passport.
Old 08-15-2012

night0wl is on a distinguished road

I would recommend your wife file for US Citizenship...one of the perks of the Blue Passport is the ease of travel throughout the world.