Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012
S/V Wyndwitch - Morgan 24

oysterman23 is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah Sailnet inflatable friends (hi matey)....... a selection of your favorites from sailnet able and willing to lend a hand to you solo sailors out there....
Who's first for the "casting" couch...Smack? Ant don't forget those "c" cells....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Stop freakin' waving at me!

Welsh - I'm just trying to figure out why the hell you have to look at every freakin' boat that passes you by (obviously with pathetic kitten eyes) making them feel compelled to wave. Mind your own damn business and watch where you're going.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-15-2012

chantler is on a distinguished road

Hey Fwman. I'm a contractor who leaves P.S. every morning at 7 and after working at cottages [mostly down the south channel] I return at about 6:00 p.m.. I'm one of those guys in the ugly, though functional aluminum barges. I'm with you all the way. Recently I've been subjected to a new circle. My daughter is home and has been borrowing the truck that I usually take to the marina in the morning , leaving me to ride my kawasaki and forcing me to participate in the ' loyal order of low wavers' ritual practiced by every one that ever saved enough money to buy a motorbike. The strange part is that I have a burning desire to wave to only those who don't wave to me , for they are true kindred spirits !
We keep our sailboat a little further north in Britt. A LOT quieter up there and just as many sailing/mooring oportunities .
If I passed by you on the channel and waved , rest assured it was only because you had your sails up. I don't wave at " cruisers with sticks".
To all others : I or my employees help out ,on average, about 7 or 8 boaters in need per season. We've never charged for this because someday we are going to need help. Wave if you need it .
Jeff
Old 08-15-2012
Banned

ParadiseParrot is on a distinguished road

Well never mind waving.....LEts talk trolling sinkers 4 oz is my fav and a wrist rocket

So when some idiot wants to know why i am going so slow and what those 4 lines running out from my stern are and he crosses my stern at 20 knots and waves at the whole crew on my boat thats waving at him

Also all water fleas (waverunners) are fair game for the wrist rocket
Old 08-15-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoalFinder View Post
If I make eye contact with someone I will wave. That's how they know I'm being friendly and not gawking at their bikini-clad wife. When eye contact is made and I wave and someone doesn't wave back, I just mutter "douchebag" and get on with it. I get not waving, but if I say hello to someone and they ignore me I am inclined to knock them flat on their ass. The same feeling carries over on the water. I'm not really an angry guy, am I, LOL? Common courtesy goes a long way.
^This is really the best post so far.

Reciprocate my courtesy or I'll kick your ass.

Well done sir.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-15-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

My fellow Taffy,

I won't stop waving, I like the waving. It's a fraternity thing. I used to drive ambulance and we waved at all cops firefighters and ambulances. Every notice that motorcyclists always wave at each other? Even a grizzled Harley rider and a sport-bike teen will exchange a hand in fraternity.

If you like, just for you, I'll withhold 4 of the fingers when your boat passes by mine. Hehe.

By the way, it looks like they made this TV add just for you....

MedSailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
Old 08-16-2012

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantler View Post
Hey Fwman. I'm a contractor who leaves P.S. every morning at 7 and after working at cottages [mostly down the south channel] I return at about 6:00 p.m.. I'm one of those guys in the ugly, though functional aluminum barges.
I bet I've passed you in your Stanley a few times. All you guys wear those headsets and none of you ever wave!

I like that!

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Old 08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
MedSailor
Perfect!

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Old 08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Welsh - I'm just trying to figure out why the hell you have to look at every freakin' boat that passes you by (obviously with pathetic kitten eyes) making them feel compelled to wave. Mind your own damn business and watch where you're going.
It must be my charisma...

Old 08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawingknots View Post
what a utter bunch of nonsence,if you don't want to return another sailors/boaters greetings then don't but i wouldn't expect a helping hand down the line somewhere[should i wave now?]
Oh c'mon now Mr. Grumpy Pants!

I don't give you a widdle wavey wavey and you get all huffy? Won't help a fellah out? 'cause I didn't waggle my fingers at you?

Oh, very mature!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.