Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012

boating2go is on a distinguished road
Re: Stop freakin' waving at me!

People are always complaining about people not being civil anymore and wishing for times gone by when supposedly people were more civil. So here we are complaining when people make the effort to be civil and wave, talk about contradictions. Personally I like when people wave at me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2012

sevseasail is on a distinguished road

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Chata
1980 Catalina 22

"Common sense is the least common of the senses"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-19-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
It never fails to amaze me how so many of you do not read the posts or even understand them.
Just out of curiosity, how many "cattlemarans" have you seen that are schooner rigged?
I did not say I NEVER wave, but if I am otherwise occupied then to your wave I am a "sailingdouchbag". Fine, I can live with that.
But the long and short of it to me is that I spent my life getting paid to go sailing; trips to Europe, the Caribbean, up the Amazon and Orinoco rivers, the Great Lakes, etc. I am not supporting my sailing at some nowhere job, dreaming of a life I will probably never attain, sitting in my lazy boy criticizing those who are doing it .
So put me down and I'll consider the source and we'll all be happy. But keep clear of me when we're on the water, because you probably believe you have the "right of way" because you are sailing on a starboard tack!
I'll wave as I pass on my 85 foot tug pushing a 300 foot loaded fuel barge, which I belive trumps the bow sprit. And no, you don't have the right of way because your sails are up, I can see the exhaust pumping out the stern But serioulsy, I kid and meant no offense, you've been living aboard and sailng longer than I've been alive, I call all those over loaded tourist boats catllemarans, or cattle boats, and I have no doubt you are more than qualified to run them.
Old 08-19-2012
Master Mariner

capta is on a distinguished road

Capt aaron
Wouldn't matter to me if I was under sail, power or both or even going backwards upside down; you go on your merry w/o ANY interference from me, pal.
Done the tug thing too, & I feel for you in these days of GPS sailors. Before GPS, at least some out there had a rudimentary knowledge of seamanship. Today ?????????????????????/
Old 08-20-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
Capt aaron
Wouldn't matter to me if I was under sail, power or both or even going backwards upside down; you go on your merry w/o ANY interference from me, pal.
Done the tug thing too, & I feel for you in these days of GPS sailors. Before GPS, at least some out there had a rudimentary knowledge of seamanship. Today ?????????????????????/

At least SOME out there had a rudimentary knowledge of seamanship ? SOME ?

Now of course none of us do.

By golly, we only had to pick up that GPS mind fogger and shazam ... everything we had learnt, albeit rudimentary, in all those years pre GPS was immediately forgotten.

Next thing you know there will be complaints of abuse but really. Other than inordinately stupid and/or mindnumbingly moronic what other words should one use to describe your post ?

FFS.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 08-20-2012
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough

Wooo what happened here all of a sudden someone with a rod up their arse get personal. Lighten up a little, this whole tread has been in fun as it should be.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Old 08-20-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Wooo what happened here all of a sudden someone with a rod up their arse get personal. Lighten up a little, this whole tread has been in fun as it should be.
Ah me. You are probably right Simon but really. That anyone has the gall to come in here with that nonsense really gets up my nose. Big bowsprit or no big bowsprit.

If perchance I missed the humour that I fear was not inherent in CaptA's post then I apologise.

Anywho ... it wasn't me , Jones did it when I wasn't looking
SimonV likes this.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett

Last edited by tdw; 08-20-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-20-2012
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough

TDW, you seem to have a guilty mind, I was not refuring to you, I didnt see your post under the one I was reading (sorry). Haven forbid I cross swords with a bundle of fluffy muscle . I was refuring to capta.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic

Last edited by SimonV; 08-20-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-20-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
TDW, you seem to have a guilty mind, I was not refuring to you, I didnt see your post under the one I was reading (sorry). Haven forbid I cross swords with a bundle of fluffy muscle . I was refuring to capta.
Well truth be told there was a certain uffishness in my post. Nonethless I'm glad to see you've no stomach for messing with MightyMarsupialMan. Obviously seeing me in a pair of shorts put the fear of wombat into you.

Old 08-20-2012

sawingknots is on a distinguished road

I kindof doubt that flyingw expected or intended this reaction when he started this thread [but one can never be sure after all he is canadian] to me friendly boaters just aren't a big problem! and as most people know I'm generally anti-social and grumpy lol