SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Please suggest a sail maker in Eastern Canada

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  rikhall 
#1 · (Edited)
Go-hifreann-leat

#6 ·
I have been happy with K-Force Sails in Collingwood for sail repair. I've heard they make decent sails too. (hydesails.com/canada hyde@k-forcesail.com)

I've heard good things about Lee sails (Washago - Welcome to LeeSails.ca) I got a quote on new sails and it was a little high, but many of my friends use them.

Sobstad in Barrie have also been recommended. I used to use them for sail repair/service but K-Force were able to get my sails back to me more quickly (and probably a little cheaper) Sobstad Sails Barrie

Hope this helps

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
I have bought a rebuilt industrial walking foot sewing machine and surprise, surprise I can bring in Dacron and V92 thread from the UK cheaper than I can from the US or buy locally. What sense is this?
The same V92 thread that Sailrite sells is available in Canada from Coats.

Look at Coats and Clark

Sailrite calls it "Coats" - in Canada it is "Coats Bell"

Rik

#9 ·
Rolly Tasker Sails has two dealer in Canada. I've heard good things about their sails and have gotten very good quotes from the USA dealers. Just Google Rolly Tasker sails for more details on the sails.

Rolly Tasker Sails Canada - Montreal
Atlantis Sails
267 des Anges
Oka, Quebec Canada, J0N 1E0
Tel: (1-450) 479 1212
Email: voilesatlantis@videotron.ca
Voiles Atlantis

Rolly Tasker Sails Canada - Hamilton
Shoreline Sails
141 Catharine Street North
Hamilton, Ontario, L8R 1J5
Canada
Tel / Fax: (647) 699 9013
Mob: (416) 518 0784
Email: info@shorelinesails.com

#10 ·
Happy to help Mike, if you do go the DYI route you should consider purchasing a book/pamphlet from sailrite called; Jib sails, Their Design & Construction.

It is not a very large book but it has some useful info in it. As well they have a lot of videos relating to sail construction, both on their site and on youtube, worth watching.

John
p.s I wish my mother taught me to sew :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.