Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012

Cruiser2B is on a distinguished road
Re: Who sailed this weekend???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
I raced in a charity regatta on Saturday which was great, but I've really been wanting to sail my own boat.

Sunday was full of pop-up storm cells. I watched the weather radar closely all day, and set off when I felt that the storms had passed. WRONG. 3 cells popped up all around me, and one came straight up from the south and nailed me. The squall was minor and the boat rode it out just fine, but I was utterly soaked as I sailed back to my slip.

My sails should be dry by now, and I'll pack them away shortly. Or try to go sailing today...whichever.
Southern Chesapeake was the same all weekend. I had a obligations in the morning and many large pop-up tstorms both Saturday and Sunday afternoons....so no sailing for me. Did get her decks nice a scrubbed down though.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My two lovely ladies!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2012

goosesgooses is on a distinguished road

We sailed at our local lake in Lincoln, NE. It is a tiny lake but beggars can't be choosey!
Attached Thumbnails
Who sailed this weekend???-bwn_1984.jpg  
Old 08-27-2012
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough

The Admiral and I set out Friday night, and motored to a spot just off the north east side of Prudence (not Potters Cove). We set the anchor in about 10' and spent the night. The next morning, after a great breakfast of ham & eggs, we hauled the anchor and headed down the bay at about 1030. We initially motored, then had a great sail part way down the East Passage, until we reached the southern tip of Prudence, when the wind died... It must have been about 1300. We headed up the west passage, but the wind seemed to be against us or dead the whole way.

We must have done Minnewaska's trip in reverse.

Oh, I believe that luck66 means that you could tighten your jib halyard.
Old 08-27-2012

SPC is on a distinguished road

Saturday was a milestone. It was the first sail by my wife and me without support crew. I am still in my first ten sails bare boating. My grown son had always been along before.

We were sailing SFbay and had a good day. There were a few 45 catamarans we had to pass but the bay was good otherwise. Just kidding about the AC45s.
Old 08-27-2012

capttb is on a distinguished road

We were out Tuesday until Saturday, beautiful weather, made a new friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Who sailed this weekend???-under.jpg   Who sailed this weekend???-above.jpg  
BubbleheadMd likes this.
Old 08-27-2012

doug1957 is on a distinguished road

Out Saturday and Sunday with relatives and friend (with his first-time sailing daughter) respectively in Casco Bay. Saturday was ok winds, Sunday was up there with the best of the season with southerly winds 12-18 knots and not gusty. Much better than the prediction and we all finished with big grins.
Old 08-27-2012
Stupor-user.

SHNOOL is on a distinguished road

I was out on our lake on Sunday. Took the 9yo daughter out for her first race with me. She was calling out puffs for me, watching for spinnakers launched, checking for boats, calling out speeds to me on trim settings.. I solo sail and race my Capri 25 a decent amount.

The winds were everything from 0-15mph. It was quite a challenge keeping up with the big guns.

I love this boat though, it's a blast, and quite quick. My daughter was telling everyone at the picnic afterward, that "we didn't heel enough." Go figure!
DRFerron likes this.
Hull #68 S2 7.9 on our little landlocked puddle, Lake Wallenpaupack, PA, it's cheap, trailerable, and paid for.
Old 08-27-2012

Pegu club is on a distinguished road

Me and the Mrs sailed out of Barrington Rhode Island on Sunday, we set out at 1:00 pm the the wind was from the southeast on Narragansett bay. We have had the use of a Bristol twenty for some weeks now since completing an ASA course. The day was great, we sailed for about an hour and a half, hooved to and had lunch then sailed for another hour and a half, we would have stayed out longer but the sailing school seemed to want their boat back at four, so we ended the days sail then. It was a fine afternoon.
Sunday Driver likes this.
Old 08-27-2012

sailordave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
I raced in a charity regatta on Saturday which was great, but I've really been wanting to sail my own boat.

Sunday was full of pop-up storm cells. I watched the weather radar closely all day, and set off when I felt that the storms had passed. WRONG. 3 cells popped up all around me, and one came straight up from the south and nailed me. The squall was minor and the boat rode it out just fine, but I was utterly soaked as I sailed back to my slip.

My sails should be dry by now, and I'll pack them away shortly. Or try to go sailing today...whichever.

Hey BUBBLES, what boat were you on? We did the race too. Had to sail down from Rock Creek in the AM, pick up crew and then sailed back after dark. Got in right at midnight. Figure we sailed 60 miles between down and back, sailing around before and after the race. GREAT DAY!
Old 08-27-2012
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Who sailed this weekend???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHNOOL View Post
I was out on our lake on Sunday. Took the 9yo daughter out for her first race with me. She was calling out puffs for me, watching for spinnakers launched, checking for boats, calling out speeds to me on trim settings.. I solo sail and race my Capri 25 a decent amount.

The winds were everything from 0-15mph. It was quite a challenge keeping up with the big guns.

I love this boat though, it's a blast, and quite quick. My daughter was telling everyone at the picnic afterward, that "we didn't heel enough." Go figure!
Sounds like a great time.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.