SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

CBMM boat auction - I bought the cheapest boat there - what is it?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  sealover 
#1 ·
No, it wasn't the wooden Lightning with trailer that brought $350...

I got a 30" long salesman's sample model of a "Flotilla 45" which apparently was never built in 1:1 scale. Looks to be 60's or early 70's and it's a very detailed, rigged and working model. Scale metal fittings, swaged steel rigging, working rudder/tiller, cars and tracks, and all. It's solid wood and the flat base (beveled at the edges so it can be displayed heeling) is part of the carved hull so it wouldn't actually float or be used in a pond.

So what is it?? I'm guessing it was a salesman sample for dealers or boat shows. It came with a wood case to transport it.

Was a Flotilla 45 built with a different name?

#4 ·
That was a slow moving auction. I left halfway through the in-water stuff. Wife liked the lobster launch and the aluminum hulled Marinette. Did you stay long enough to see what the Hunter 25 (in water) brought?

#5 ·
No, it wasn't the wooden Lightning with trailer that brought $350...

I got a 30" long salesman's sample model of a "Flotilla 45" which apparently was never built in 1:1 scale. Looks to be 60's or early 70's and it's a very detailed, rigged and working model. Scale metal fittings, swaged steel rigging, working rudder/tiller, cars and tracks, and all. It's solid wood and the flat base (beveled at the edges so it can be displayed heeling) is part of the carved hull so it wouldn't actually float or be used in a pond.

So what is it?? I'm guessing it was a salesman sample for dealers or boat shows. It came with a wood case to transport it.

Was a Flotilla 45 built with a different name?
:worthless:

#11 ·
Here's the auction results I witnessed:

Lightning on trailer 350
Dyer 8' dinghy needs work 800
Henry Horner penguin on trailer 1000
Zeus tugboat 22k (60 hrs on it)
Lobster launch 4200
Cal 25. 2600
1971 22 full keel on trailer 450
Com PAC 16 on trailer 650
ELI dinghy 225
Wood kayak 15' 125
1955 sailfish nice original 225
Thistle on aluminum trailer 500
Prijon Kodiak 17' plastic kayak 800
Haines Hunter Tramp trimaran on trailer 5050 (spirited bidding war)
Silverton 31 flybridge 9100
Soling (out of respect for the winner selling it on Craigslist I'll just say that he isn't making much of a profit if he gets his asking price of 2700)
Tsunami kayak 800
18' Old Town lapstrake runabout 1963. Unrestored but all there. 600.
Paceship PY23 on trailer 550
1997 sunbird party barge 3600
Precision 21 on trailer, 6 HP Tohatsu 3100 (this boat is the reason I brought my truck and hitch ball collection, but it went higher than I was willing to)
Cayuga lapstrake skiff 750
Cruisers Marinette aluminum hull, twin 318s. 3800. I was interested. Wife liked the idea of using it as a waterfront apartment for the cost of a slip.
Wee Sort woody excellent shape on trailer 1600
Shellback dinghy on trailer 115
Westphal 28 on trailer 450
Point Jude on trailer w/4hp 2200
79 J22 nice, on trailer 1700 (brought applause)
17' antique rowing shell 2000 and I bet it will be hanging inside a Cracker Barrel.

That's all I wrote down. I left before it was finished. Some of the trailers were untitled. A giant expensive pain in PA. Don't know what Marylands rules are.

Anyone know what the Hunter 25 went for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.