SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   im going to get out of this rut (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/92263-im-going-get-out-rut.html)

smallboatlover 09-19-2012 07:51 PM

im going to get out of this rut

so lately ive bin feeling bored with life same stuff every day school then sailing the same places being back at the same time doing the smae thing every day. And i hate doing this. this weekend im getting out of this rut im taking a day off from every thing and leaving for a trip leaving at 530-6 in the moring and letting the wind take me were ever it does. just a day trip but im breaking out of the rut any one else feel this way?

LoboPops 09-19-2012 09:22 PM

Re: im going to get out of this rut

Yep, know the feeling. Just got cleared medically and getting back to my quartermaster courses. Between computer, family, motorcycle, watching grandkids play softball/baseball and trying to get some workouts in, I don't get much free time.

Minnewaska 09-20-2012 07:37 AM

Enjoy the rut while you can. Before long, you'll wake up realizing that you are fully responsible for your next meal, and the next meal for your family and for 1,100 employees. It cuts down on how much sailing you get to do to those same old places.

Ironically, I've been touring colleges with my youngest daughter and I want to attend each and every one. When I was going to school, I couldn't wait to get out and go to work.

A mental break of sailing away for a day is great. But, make the most of your education and you'll have the most choices later.

Barquito 09-20-2012 10:44 AM

It is amazing what a different mind-set I have when I go day sailing w/o time limits. If I know I only have a few hours (or would feel guilty if I don't get back), I continously rush. I just relax more if I don't have to get back at any particular time.

tomperanteau 09-20-2012 09:23 PM

Get out and go. Never mind an over-hyped college degree that you won't be able to use because there are no jobs waiting for you. Learn a good trade and take it with you when you set sail.

Minnewaska 09-20-2012 09:30 PM

Getting an education in a trade, is still an education. Learning a trade may not be an education.

But let's be clear. With our economy not creating enough new jobs and seniors not departing the workforce, kids are suffering, whether in the trades or graduating college.

However, the unemployment rate of adults with a college education is only around 4%, which is full employment.

Don't ignore it.

Sublime 09-20-2012 09:43 PM

Everyone needs to take a mental health day.

KIVALO 09-20-2012 10:06 PM

Keep that attitude, life has a way becoming monotonous. A positive attitude and touch of a free spirit will go a long way to keeping you young. http://reelboating.com/forums/style_...beer_cheer.gif

Brad
s/v KIVALO

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallboatlover (Post 924137)
so lately ive bin feeling bored with life same stuff every day school then sailing the same places being back at the same time doing the smae thing every day. And i hate doing this. this weekend im getting out of this rut im taking a day off from every thing and leaving for a trip leaving at 530-6 in the moring and letting the wind take me were ever it does. just a day trip but im breaking out of the rut any one else feel this way?

Ferretchaser 09-20-2012 11:27 PM

Buddy in ten years time you will wish you could have some more of this very rut you are in now. ;)

Cruiser2B 09-21-2012 12:03 AM

Take a day off and go sailing...not all education will be found behind a desk or with an instructor/teacher/professor. Follow your plan and let mother nature take you where she wants you to go.....Think of it as a day with mother nature as your teacher!........