SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailnet Gathering during Annapolis Boat Show, Friday Oct 5, 7 PM

4K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  wingNwing 
#1 ·
This year we're hoping to combine the annual Annapolis Boat Show Sailnet Gathering with the Women Who Sail gathering. Friday, Oct 5 after the Boat Show closes at 7 PM! Since quite a few folks are members of both sites, it makes sense to combine the gatherings. (Besides, I've never yet been to a party where people complained there were just too many interesting folks in attendance!) Port Annapolis marina, on the deck just south of the big gray-and-white building by the pool. Accessible by water taxi, or dinghy dock just left of the travelift, or plenty of parking for those coming by car. Bring some good sea stories (or boat show stories) and whatever you're drinking and we'll all chip in for pizza.

#11 ·
Cool - looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

And for those who are already southbound ... looking forward to reading your updates! We're staying in Annapolis this year to let the cruising kitty rebound a bit; going to experience winter for the first time since 2008, so we have to cruise vicariously.

#15 ·
Oh, by all means - this could be awesome fun! I'll post the invite on Cruisers Forum. Maine, would you mind spreading the word on Sailboatowners? It's not a forum I frequent. Thanx for the idea!

#17 ·
Clarification question posted on SBO:

"I live across Back Creek from Port Annapolis. Are you meaning the deck connected to the pool/cafe (Gr&Wt) building, or the pavillion located in another part of the marina? The "deck" at the pool holds 6 picnic tables. There is another deck at the bathouse, not much bigger, but it looks over the creek."

#21 ·
As you drive into the marina, the gray-and-white pool/cafe is directly in front of you. The deck we've been meeting on is behind and to the left of this building as you face the water.

Long range forecast for Friday night is clear and not too cold. Looking forward to seeing everyone then!!

#22 ·
I will certainly try to make the rendezvous. There is a lot going on right that weekend which could prevent me from attending, but I will try to at least come by to say hello to everyone.

#25 ·
Weather looks to be glorious, pizzas ordered, we're looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

#28 ·
Sorry to have missed you also! We had leftover pizza :(

#29 ·
We can never make it down from Philly to Annapolis on a Friday. But my wife and I are planning to make the trip down tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up.

#35 ·
Are you going to be around on Monday? Not sure yet if we'll be at the show, but for sure, we'll be at teardown.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.