Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012

CapnRon47 is on a distinguished road
Re: how long does it take you leave?

Sublime,
Nothing lucky about it. I planned for this for at least 20 years!

Ron
reraesh likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2012

HUGOSALT is on a distinguished road

Usually 10-15 minutes each way...unless I am late for ?----? again
and the normally very understanding Mrs. places a short but to the
point phone call...then I'm off in about 5 minutes...and awake most of the night wondering did I close/shut....
Old 09-28-2012

rhr1956 is on a distinguished road

It depends on how many pulls on the starter rope. If it fires first time...remove four dock lines and I'm off like a herd of turtles...2 minutes tops. I usually remove the sailcover and hank on the head sail while underway. I'm on a lake and the marina is well protected. If it's windy at the dock, I'll rig sails before leaving. That takes about 10 minutes.

Last edited by rhr1956; 09-28-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-29-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

With all furling sails, we can easily get going in 20 minutes. But, who wants to?

I rather enjoy poking around, checking things, considering where I'm going and what conditions will be like.

Departure is usually more dependent on whether we need to provision, fuel up, fill water tanks, pump out or some other thing that isn't necessarily required for a given quick day sail. We stay away from the dock at least one night nearly every weekend.

Personally, I much prefer sleeping aboard the night before departure, whereby nearly all thru-hulls have already been opened, etc. Get up, have coffee and cast off the moment I feel like it. At that point, I only have to secure items below, power up the nav and comm, pull in the shore cables and go.
reraesh likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 09-29-2012

reraesh is on a distinguished road

with my 445:
30min

for a day trip (ship moored for some days) :
45min-1hr

for a coastal/offshore-törn: arriving, clearing ship, checking, shopping:
1/2day
Old 09-29-2012

mcwhale is on a distinguished road

I am the one standing aside & watching you,
admiring your power &
endurance
mcw
Old 09-29-2012
HANUMAN

RobGallagher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
With all furling sails, we can easily get going in 20 minutes. But, who wants to?

I rather enjoy poking around, checking things, considering where I'm going and what conditions will be like.

Departure is usually more dependent on whether we need to provision, fuel up, fill water tanks, pump out or some other thing that isn't necessarily required for a given quick day sail. We stay away from the dock at least one night nearly every weekend.

Personally, I much prefer sleeping aboard the night before departure, whereby nearly all thru-hulls have already been opened, etc. Get up, have coffee and cast off the moment I feel like it. At that point, I only have to secure items below, power up the nav and comm, pull in the shore cables and go.
I have to agree with your methods, but, I sometimes head to the boat with just a couple hours of daylight remaining. It's a race to get as much sailing in before I head back in the twilight.
reraesh likes this.
Old 09-30-2012

Green Eyes is on a distinguished road

With new the pilings installed off the end of the pier I now finally have a nice wide pull through slip. Now I can be underway in 5 mins and tied up in 15. Before the pilings were put in I had to tie her between our pier and the neighbors. That made it a real challenge for boarding and in anything other than a dead calm a real bear to jockey in and out.
Old 09-30-2012
Superior Sailor

Squidd is on a distinguished road

I'm with Islanderguy....

Time is inversley proportional to the number of people coming along...

I'm on a trailer at the marina (2.5 hr from home)...I can get there, get loaded, launched, park the truck and out the harbor in 30-35min (just did it this week end)

Bring the wife (or a buddy) along and it's an hour easy to get loaded...bring my two girls with the wife and it's a good two hours to load, pack and organize, potty breaks, launch the boat, park the truck, go back to the truck for more stuff, load that, potty break, and then head out the harbor...
Old 09-30-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Guests along?

I do my absolute best to get there before them and do almost all cast off preparations prior to their arrival. They can and will require my attention once aboard and I prefer to be done with my chores first. If they turn out to be low maintenance, all the better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.