SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Something to look at while you drink your coffee (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/92489-something-look-while-you-drink-your-coffee.html)

rikhall 09-27-2012 09:08 AM

Something to look at while you drink your coffee

Here in Canada ( and in some parts of the US) we have a coffee / donuts chain call Tim Hortons. And people either love it or hate it.

The lines at the drive through are unreal 60 minutes before work starts in the mornings - heck - most of the time. day or night they are long.

The Owner Ron Joyce had a yacht built with some of the money we spend buying his coffee. I think he should have called it "Double Double" (in Timmys language that means two creams two sugars)

So - while you are sipping your double double - take a look at Destination Fox Harbír Too. I wonder where the hockey rink is?

We Canadians obviously drink WAY TOO MUCH COFFEE!!!

Rik

JimMcGee 09-27-2012 10:01 AM

Re: Something to look at while you drink your coffee

Almost as nice as my Catalina 30 -- but not quite :D

RobGallagher 09-27-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rikhall (Post 927140)
Here in Canada ( and in some parts of the US) we have a coffee / donuts chain call Tim Hortons. And people either love it or hate it.
Rik

They have that silly chain down here as well. They opened a bunch in my area but they all shut down. The food was not bad. The coffee tastes like instant coffee made with bilge water.

johnnyquest37 09-27-2012 11:05 AM

There are people that hate Tim Horton's?

tomandchris 09-27-2012 12:24 PM

Obviously there are a few that also love them based on the owners success. Although never my favorite coffee, the ease of coffee and donuts and gas is a draw. Especially in Canada where they love their donuts!

Well done yacht to add to a nice collection.

jfdubu 09-27-2012 12:50 PM

Been to Canada, been to Tim Hortons, don't like the coffee, (don't like Dunkin dounuts either). But I don't be grudge the guy the yacht. Do the math, 4000 stores, say 500 cups per day. If he pockets .02 on every cup of coffee he sells, how many days does it take to pay for the boat?

John

Cruiser2B 09-27-2012 01:22 PM

I had some of their coffee in Afghanistan.....it was ok for Afghanistan....looks like he could have afforded to lower the prices for our and all troops just a few pennies.....if not give it away.

When I was on the USS Theodore Roosevelt some years ago, we had all you could eat Ben and Jerry's for 3 yrs including deployments......FREE!( i know this was donataed)

All you could eat Baskin Robbins at all the locations I visited In Afganistan this spring....Free!

SlowButSteady 09-27-2012 01:29 PM

Destination Fox Harb’r Too is way too long a name. Why not just shorten it to Overcompensating?

rikhall 09-27-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowButSteady (Post 927240)
Destination Fox Harbír Too is way too long a name. Why not just shorten it to Overcompensating?

When you have the financial resources of Mr. Joyce - you can call it anything you like!

But - wouldn't it be fun to have the finances to design, commission or get one's "dream yacht'!

:)

Rik

cupper3 09-27-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfdubu (Post 927228)
Been to Canada, been to Tim Hortons, don't like the coffee, (don't like Dunkin dounuts either). But I don't be grudge the guy the yacht. Do the math, 4000 stores, say 500 cups per day. If he pockets .02 on every cup of coffee he sells, how many days does it take to pay for the boat?

John

500 a day? They sell over 3 million in their stores each day!