Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2013
Jimmy Buffett 4 Prez 2016

TerralTheSeeker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TerralTheSeeker
Re: Clothing optional sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
Winter killed it. I think it just shrank away to nothing in the cold...

MedSailor
That, sailor, was well played
MedSailor likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Please Help - Boatless War Vet
Will Grind For Beer
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2013

Tarzan carried a knife. Then again, he did cover his package - although that's probably to ensure the kiddies watching the movie don't ask too many questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Will Grind For Beer
Old 04-25-2013

Two weeks ago I was out on Pensacola Bay and, unexpectedly, it became ungodly hot as the wind died down. I was the only craft out there, and because I'd worn jeans and a long-sleeve in expectation of a chill, was unprepared for the heat. Indeed, I started to strip down, and would have gone full Africa if I'd not been so paranoid that the motor-boaters would pull their usual act of blazing a path right to me just so they can be seen in their toy.

So, sure enough as I'm sitting there in my skivvies cranking the Buffett tunes, every 30 minutes or so an engine-head would come clear across entire square miles of open, unoccupied bay just to make sure they pass as close as possible to me so I could enjoy the gift of their rough wake.

The look on one lady's face as she gawked down from the pilothouse of a 45ft yacht was priceless, and made it abundantly clear that it would not have been a good social strategy to go full Africa that day.

It is coming soon, though.

Will Grind For Beer
Old 04-25-2013

Tallswede is on a distinguished road

You shoulda stripped down and given her something to tell stories about to her friends. LOL. Never know, you might make a convert.

Kevin
Old 04-25-2013

johnb23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandSusanMacDonald View Post
Photos! We need PHOTOS!
By all means, photos!
Old 04-25-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
As I said in a very early reply here, clothing did not originally evolve from modesty. It was for protection and that still applies. I just can't imagine the logic of carrying a knife while sailing, but not wearing pants.
Seems logical to me. You'd be equally prepared to act quickly if you boat were suddenly boarded by pirates or sirens.

MedSailor
bljones likes this.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
Old 04-26-2013

djaustralia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to djaustralia

I hardly think being naked while blue water sailing would warrant a public indecency charge. Plus your always on "private property" when your on your boat, although a few marina's may turn you down if you rock up butterball naked! You may also create a few dangerous situations by attracting peoples attention when they should be concentrating on other duties.(boat collisions, stepping of the edge of a wharf type stuff). Keep the hooks and fishing gear locked away and be wary of rope friction BURNS.....(umm, lower case "burns" looks like "bums"!!!) OUCH!!! Personally if I were nude sailing with a woman anything could happen, I certainly wouldn't be watching where i'm giong that's for sure.

Last edited by djaustralia; 04-26-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-14-2013

We were anchored out one time in the Bay on a hot summers day with friends. Decided to cool off with a skinny dip. Sure enough, all the way across the bay comes a center console fishing boat that anchored about 30 yards away. We were two couples and they were two guys and a gal. Well after grousing about how come they had to come all the way over here and start fishing right next to us, we decided we had to get out of the water some time. So me and my buddy decided to get out and get a beer for us and the wives. As we're haulin' ourselves up the swim ladder, we hear a screach from the other boat when the gal said "Those guys are naked!" One of the guys on their boat says, "Well if you don't like it, don't look over there". LOL. We just raised our drinks to them and smiled. They left about 10 minutes later.

Kevin
Familycruisers and nkamper like this.
Old 05-14-2013

While cruising the ICW, sometimes the gals like to lie out on the fore deck and work on their tan, this always elicits an appreciative toot from the tow boat operators and a lot of chatter on channel 13. Always makes their day and kinda makes up for the unattentive/ignorant pleasure boat operators they have to deal with all the time.

Kevin
Old 05-14-2013

c. breeze is on a distinguished road

It's purely situational. I have too much square footage covered in tattoos to be overly keen on roasting in the sun- but I sail in as little clothing as is practical. I find there are times when the company I'm
Keeping make it more practical to risk wrecking all the ink... Like most gratuitous hobbies- it's all about the pay off.