Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012

sailboy26s is on a distinguished road
Re: Clothing optional sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
I see no reason why people shouldn't do what they want on their own boats as long as it doesn't harm someone else. No tan lines? No problem! We put all this work, money, worry and sometimes frustration into these boats, whats wrong with enjoying your time on the boat as you see fit?

swampcreek I have the D same 93 26s sailboat=)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2012
Above Average Member

frogvalley is on a distinguished road

Yup, always sail nude, my boat is considered clothing optional by the crew, both male and female. And no we don't get our man hood or woman hood caught in anything. We've all been using our equipment for many years and don't get it caught at home so what's the diff? I've caught myself in my clothing many times in dangerous machines, but never have I got my dinghy caught in anything.

There is a significant nudist sailing group on the Chesapeake. Only a textile person would worry about what they look like naked, we consider nudism to be the norm and totally natural so nobody looks weird when naked to us.

I personally can't stand to where clothes while its hot. Uggh, how can you guys sail with clothes on?
Old 11-04-2012
Jimmy Buffett 4 Prez 2016

TerralTheSeeker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TerralTheSeeker

I can't wait to do this. Of course, I REALLY have to hit the gym, first. I don't want dolphins and seagulls giving me grief or breaking out into laughter.
Heinous and Brewgyver like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Please Help - Boatless War Vet
Will Grind For Beer
Old 11-06-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerralTheSeeker View Post
I can't wait to do this. Of course, I REALLY have to hit the gym, first. I don't want dolphins and seagulls giving me grief or breaking out into laughter.
Personally I'd worry more that the whales would feel intimidated....

MedSailor
TerralTheSeeker and KelleyG like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
Old 11-06-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
I'd worry more that the whales would feel intimidated....

MedSailor
They don't call me "Tripod" for nothing.

Old 11-06-2012
Jimmy Buffett 4 Prez 2016

TerralTheSeeker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TerralTheSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
They don't call me "Tripod" for nothing.

Hell I don't even worry about my mast breaking - I have a back-up lol

Please Help - Boatless War Vet
Will Grind For Beer
Old 11-06-2012
Lurker extraordinaire

dgasmd is on a distinguished road
Sounds like most of you need to spend 20 min in a nude beach simply for the education. First of, 99.9% of people in a nude beach or nude places in general are not looking at how good or bad you look. We all can tell that without you taking your cloth off! Second, you are likely the only one worrying about how you measure up. Third, clothing optional places have a slice of the general population with the same proportions of fat people, short people, old people, young people, skinny people, etc, but for reason people that have never been to one seem to think it is like going to a supermodel convention!
bblument likes this.
Old 11-06-2012

remetau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgasmd View Post
Sounds like most of you need to spend 20 min in a nude beach simply for the education. First of, 99.9% of people in a nude beach or nude places in general are not looking at how good or bad you look. We all can tell that without you taking your cloth off! Second, you are likely the only one worrying about how you measure up. Third, clothing optional places have a slice of the general population with the same proportions of fat people, short people, old people, young people, skinny people, etc, but for reason people that have never been to one seem to think it is like going to a supermodel convention!
Agree!, and one of the reasons some of our other nudists friends are some of the best people to hang around with.

Old 11-06-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgasmd View Post
Don't mind me, I don't mean to offend, I just still like junior high school humor.

I did date a nudist for several years and went to many a nude hot spring, nude beach, and even a nude "barter fair". I went to enough clothing optional events (and even optioned not to wear the clothing) to get comfortable with "letting it all hang out."

I have to say though, that even after I got comfortable with being nude or going to a nudist event, I never could wrap my brain around why it was better to go to any particular event in the nude. My nudist girlfriend would want to go on a road trip just to be able to go to a nudist event, whereas I didn't see it as any better or worse than a local arts fair or event. Why drive so far for a similar event that was a "nudist" event? I guess I just never "got" why it is better for everyone to be nude than clothed.

MedSailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
Old 11-06-2012
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

I'd give anything just to be somewhere that was warm enough to host a nudist event.
1973 Pearson 30 #255