Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012

barefootnavigator is on a distinguished road
Re: Bug out boat

One case of chuck? why not ten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2012

Tenoch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
One case of chuck? why not ten
Good point, I mean seriously...how long is ONE case gonna last?!?
Old 10-05-2012

barefootnavigator is on a distinguished road

The reason I don't have an engine is so I can store more booze, that way I have something to do while I wallow away in the calms
PS if you drink a small glass of whiskey it completely changes the pallet of the chuck making it quite enjoyable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-05-2012

ABH3 Boyer is on a distinguished road

I live on one of the Great Lakes that regularly freezes so my plan is a little different. I only expect to be able to disapear for a little while and hope its not winter when its time to go because that wouldnt work out so well. Being prepaired for disaster or collapse has a lot less to do with what you have and a lot more to do with what you know and can do. A little survival training goes a long way. dont forget the guns and lots of ammo. I dont think Zombies can swim either.
barefootnavigator and elspru like this.
Old 10-05-2012
Boatswain

IronSpinnaker is on a distinguished road

I watched the first season of Doomsday preppers before I lost interest in the show. There was a family on there who had a sailboat.. if I remember correctly it was going to take them 2-3 days to walk to it... Under any circumstance I think it would be looted and sunk by then.

Personally I think being a survivor of something on the scale "preppers" are preparing for is going to be highly over rated. I am preparing to be a casualty.
Old 10-05-2012

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABH3 Boyer View Post
I live on one of the Great Lakes that regularly freezes so my plan is a little different. I only expect to be able to disapear for a little while and hope its not winter when its time to go because that wouldnt work out so well. Being prepaired for disaster or collapse has a lot less to do with what you have and a lot more to do with what you know and can do. A little survival training goes a long way. dont forget the guns and lots of ammo. I dont think Zombies can swim either.
zombies can walk on the bottom.

If thousands of them come you can save a lot of money and only buy 1 bullet. Take the money you saved by not buying ammo and enjoy life before they come.
Old 10-05-2012
Lake Sailor

cb32863 is on a distinguished road

Here's the Zombie Apocalypse discussion.... LINK

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25

Old 10-05-2012

Tenoch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
PS if you drink a small glass of whiskey it completely changes the pallet of the chuck making it quite enjoyable.
I'll have to try that. I have noticed that the second bottle is always better than the first. Another consideration is how much mark-up you can get on a $2 bottle of wine after a natural disaster.....who am I kidding, I'm not selling any of it, for any price.

This original post actually did get me thinking of stocking up on some supplies though, just in case.
Old 10-05-2012
Boatswain

IronSpinnaker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoch View Post
Another consideration is how much mark-up you can get on a $2 bottle of wine after a natural disaster.....who am I kidding, I'm not selling any of it, for any price.
Not much, alcohol is one of the easiest things in the world to make... If the world was hit by and asteroid and only a few people were left you can bet that they would be scrounging together something to make a still from and would be making alcohol.

Any prepper boat should have a still... if nothing else you can make drinking water. actually last weeks episode of duel survivor they made a still out of a 5 gallon can and a copper pipe.. It was making a cup of fresh water a minute.

Last edited by IronSpinnaker; 10-05-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2012

StoneAge is on a distinguished road

Stone Age bugged out about a year ago. Left the PAC NW. and sailed to Belize. Now she's ready to go at a moments notice by just hauling up the anchor. We keep a few weeks stores on board just because and always a full liquor cabinet. :-) Although - one of my past businesses was the care and feeding of various home made wine and beer making entusiats so the knowledge is there in a huge crisis to alleviate some suffering at least.