Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Now what

Ok...Ill bite ( smile),,,whats a moggy? Some creature from the outback?

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-08-2012
Owned by Velcro

Ferretchaser is on a distinguished road

Moggy is English slang for cat. See I do know something about those little critters
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Old 10-08-2012

Jgbrown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
If you were taking him hunting yesterday and sticking him into your pocket to rest his feet or keep him warm then this conversation was over yesterday. You are now bonded. Pumpkin follows me down to the beach when I fish. She just want to be involved in whatever is going on.

if you need cat litter get THE WORLD'S BEST CAT LITTER. I'm not kidding you this stuff is amazing. It is ground up corn husks. It is very easy to clean and it really does not smell at all. It's expensive but you use very little of it because it lasts so long before it needs changing.

I liked the stuff, my cats (brother and sister, inseperable until one got run over and the other ran away) utterly aggravating, but also great to have around. I thought that stuff would be great, but my cats did not, they got a bad reaction to it, fluid in lungs, lots of coughing. Cost me a good deal in vet bills. Tried it twice, since the vet had never heard of it relating to that litter, same result the next time too.
Old 10-08-2012
Owned by Velcro

So I guess I should just try the stuff out before buying it in bulk to find out that Velcro starts to snivel all day long.

Noted.

I think I'll have to write a sort of check list for cat parenthood sort of thing.
Velcro has no clue about all the things going on to make him a good home and is snoring away on my fleece jumper in the garage.
Jgbrown likes this.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Old 10-09-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretchaser View Post
... Unlike his watered down milk. He loves that and gets a refill twice a day. ( Mornings and evenings) Is there such a thing as dried milk for cats as I don't drink cow juice and I don't think he will like just plain water of rum. ...

ATB

Michael
I am almost positive that in the past few days I heard/read something that said adult cats can't digest milk. Kittens, yes. I, too, have a stray cat that wandered out of the woods and onto our couch and never left. I was giving her the occasional small bowl of milk until I heard that. Since she isn't litter trained I don't see the outcome but I decided to no longer give it to her just in case.

But, now that I think about it, she hasn't been begging for milk as much as she did last year so maybe they stop drinking it naturally when it's no longer necessary for their growth.

Speaking of, if the cat lives outside, it probably has no idea what to do with a litter box. Ours doesn't (and I'm OK with letting her out to go outside). You might want to take care of that training before you return to Tiki.

Best of luck! It sounds like this will bring a new dimension to your travels.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 10-09-2012

jephotog is on a distinguished road

He may be small now but looks like our our Oliver did as a kitten, and now weighs 18lbs and likes to sleep on our legs.

No milk or any human food really, except for small scraps. Best to avoid giving them any human food because that makes them beggers but if he is your only crew member you might like to share and spoil him. I would take him to the vet and get the basic kitten shots done and they will probably have pamphlets on cat care. Enjoy your new crew.
Old 10-09-2012
Owned by Velcro

Yep Velcro is going to be the only crew member, so I don't mind sharing my food with him as long as its not to spicy or otherwise the wrong stuff for him. The only thing that he will have to learn is to use the litter tray. Well and stay on the boat.

Old 10-09-2012
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

My cat having come from the bush seldom uses the litter box. During the summer she may go weeks without using it but she has access to the beach all the time, the worlds bighgest litter box.

She likes liverwurst. My old cat liked green olives.I feed Pumpkin California Natural kibble and she really likes it. I buy frozen Ahi tuna and give her some of that twice a day. It's pricey but I keep it frozen and she doesn't eat much of it.

The way I look at it there is a chance that some day I will have face a final reckoning. I'm not to sure of the details or particulars of that day but in the final stage I like to hope I think I am going to be judged on how I treated my pets. So my simple plan is to treat them the way I would like to be treated if I were a cat or dog.

Bob's Blog ....

Old 10-09-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post

The way I look at it there is a chance that some day I will have face a final reckoning. I'm not to sure of the details or particulars of that day but in the final stage I like to hope I think I am going to be judged on how I treated my pets. So my simple plan is to treat them the way I would like to be treated if I were a cat or dog.
Both John and Cat like to have their tummies rubbed (sometimes simultaneously) and to eat well so I guess I have all bases covered.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 10-09-2012

Brewgyver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobnets View Post
Check out cruisinglealea.com

Two people, one cat, Albin Vega 27 sailing all over the pacific coast and Hawaii.

Lots of videos, including the cat in action, or inaction as the case may be.

Mobnets
I've been watching their travels for several months, they are both entertaining and informative. Sadly, Bree the Boatswain (furry type) had kidney failure and had to be put down shortly after they finished their most recent passage - Honolulu to Sitka. But they had her on board with them for six years, and she never jumped ship.