Another new member, ... - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-09-2004 Thread Starter

Another new member, ...

Hello every one, ... Just had an offer accepted on my fourth boat, ... A Contessa 26, ... hurricane damaged but still beautyfull.

Plan on fixing her up this summer, .... comes with trailer and new 8hp yanmar (less than 100 hours!)Sails are fine for dicking around here with but she''ll need a new main befor we head, ... south? ... east? ... south first eh?
Oh yea, I''m in PEI, .... about as good a jumping off spot as any!

Any way, two shrouds, two stanshions (sp)and all the teak on the port side will need to be replaced as well as a couple of holes in the cabin (the size of pencils, ... I wonder what did that?) and a big hole in her bow above the water line where she bucked against the concrete floating dock. .... Lots of work ahead of me eh? ....

Done alot of cruiseing, ... and looking forward to lots more! ... Who knows, ... may even bump into a few of you on the travels!

Oh yea, ... I can get over how heavely built these little boats are, .... Her hull is over twice as thick as some of the larger fiberglass boats I''ve been on.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-10-2004

Another new member, ...

I think those "pencil sized" holes are called "bullet holes"

Sasha
post #3 of 5 Old 03-10-2004 Thread Starter

Another new member, ...

Yea, ... that''s what I thought, .... but nobody was out shooting during the hurricane and I doubt they''d be shooting that good to begin with, ...

When I was in Florida for hurricane Andrew,(I survived!) I found a 4 foot piece of two inch PVC driven right through a two foot thick palm, ... just like a spear. Amazeing the force eh?

post #4 of 5 Old 03-10-2004

Another new member, ...

colud those small holes be lightning strikes???
post #5 of 5 Old 03-10-2004 Thread Starter

Another new member, ...

I''ll be giveing her a closer inspection come May, ... right now she''s tucked way in the back of the warehouse. ...

Last tme I was looking at her, ... it was as a comiserateing friend, .. Didn''t know that one day I would be buying her. But I''m pretty sure it wasn''t lighting that made those holes.

Lots of glass work and I''ll do that. Thinking of an extra forstay while I''m at it.

And I heard rumers of a problem some of these boats developed, .. leaking somewhere around where the topdeck joins the hull, ... anybody know of this?

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.