SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Seeking Mystery Boat (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/93064-seeking-mystery-boat.html)

Barebones 10-13-2012 06:32 PM

Seeking Mystery Boat

Aloha, I am new here and hoping the group can help me out. You may think I am somewhat crazy and you may be right about that. I wonder about myself often.

Mystery Boat: I am seeking any information about a boat I saw back in the early 1980's in a dry moorage in Seattle. It was on a trailer. I can only describe it the best that I can and then hope what I say here tips someone off as to what the make of this boat is. I have searched the internet for two days looking at images, etc using all kinds of keywords such as

drop keel
shoal keel
swing keel
24 sailboat with bowsprit
1800 lbs ballast shoal draft
outboard compartment

Here is what I can tell you the boat had:

swing keel
shoal draft
bowsprit
outboard compartment
full rudder
had a keel that looked like a full keel and the swing keel then came down from there. Looked to draw about 2.5-3'
good sized space below with head room of about 5.10-6'
Green hull
perhaps 24' or less
teak interior with enclosed marine head
the owner told me it was designed to cruise bluewater.
The asking price used at the time was $12,000 and in good condition.

Ring any bells?

Faster 10-13-2012 06:37 PM

Re: Seeking Mystery Boat

Ding ding....Given you were in Seattle there's a possibility it was a Kent Ranger 26... follow the link.

Kent Ranger 26 Mast Raising

Barebones 10-13-2012 07:01 PM

Aloha and thank you. You nailed it!

That is the boat!

You are good! Really Good!

I am located on the Big Island of Hawaii north of Hilo about 25 miles on highway 19 where my wife is teaching for a year. We are relocating to Page Arizona the summer of 2013 and I am looking for boat to sail Lake Powell. I love the design of the Ranger 26 and that it can be placed on a trailer.

Do you still own a Ranger?

My name is Bob Harding, good to meet you sir!

Mahalo

Barquito 10-13-2012 07:10 PM

Wow. Bullseye in 6 minutes. Gotta love SN!

Barebones 10-13-2012 07:14 PM

"Bullseye", "Nailed It", "Slam Dunk". "Grand Slam", YOU GUYS ROCK! (sorry for the caps)(smile).

CalebD 10-13-2012 07:28 PM

Pretty amazing Faster.
A very apt screen name.

Barebones 10-13-2012 07:48 PM

Faster says he is "Just a Moderator" I hope he knows he is much, much more than that!

You see, Faster, flapped his sails here today and that action set in motion a reaction that will change things. It's Quantum Physics. It is known as "The Butterfly Effect" and by so doing Faster may have changed forever what takes place in my life from now on.

Mahalo to all!

BobH

Faster 10-13-2012 08:01 PM

BareBob... I've never owned one.. your description was quite good and there were only a few boats in that era in the PNW area that might have fit the bill.

Glad to have helped!

Barebones 10-13-2012 08:04 PM

Thank you sir!

PCP 10-13-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faster (Post 933210)
Ding ding....Given you were in Seattle there's a possibility it was a Kent Ranger 26... follow the link.

Kent Ranger 26 Mast Raising

Jesus, that was impressive!:D

Regards

Paulo