Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: First Experience Crewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomperanteau View Post
Baking Soda helps keep the body's pH alkaline. An acidic body cannot repair itself and cells don't like to reproduce. Staying alkaline helps keep you healthy. Eating things like leafy greens and veggies are a great help, too.
I seemed to have missed the baking soda part. Sounds interesting. I eat a lot of leafy greens, although hard to get my kids to.

Please tell me the dose and frequency of the baking soda if I and the kids want to give it a try.
Regards
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2012
Crotchety Old Member

tomperanteau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
I seemed to have missed the baking soda part. Sounds interesting. I eat a lot of leafy greens, although hard to get my kids to.

Please tell me the dose and frequency of the baking soda if I and the kids want to give it a try.
Regards
Leafy greens are great, too, and we eat a lot of them. Send me a private message and I'll respond with what we do. Don't want this thread to get bumped.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Footprints

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Old 10-19-2012
Da Most Educated Red Neck

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road

I am sorry that you take this as an insult which I have no intention of. But public safety and well being are my concerns.

Telling others to take baking soda on a daily basis is just plain wrong and irresponsible. I hope others will consult their Physician before embarking this madness.

Fine Print:
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 10-19-2012

casey1999 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
I am sorry that you take this as an insult which I have no intention of. But public safety and well being are my concerns.

Telling others to take baking soda on a daily basis is just plain wrong and irresponsible. I hope others will consult their Physician before embarking this madness.

Rockdawg,
Just a quick google shows baking soda may be good:

A spoonful of baking soda DOES speed you up, say scientists | Mail Online

http://www.ehow.com/how_5616960_drin...da-health.html

Not found anything yet that says it is bad, although I am sure anything in excess is bad.
tomperanteau likes this.
Old 10-19-2012
Crotchety Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post

First of all, I didn't "tell" anyone to do anything. I told others what we were doing and what has worked for us. No need to misrepresent what I posted.

Secondly, physicians are trained in disease management and not nutrition. I would urge anyone and everyone to actively learn what they need to know to keep themselves healthy. All the research that anyone could ever want to read is available to everyone these days. There is no reason why people cannot learn what they need to do on their own.

S/V Footprints

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Old 10-19-2012

misfits is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing this!
tomperanteau likes this.
Old 10-19-2012

caberg is on a distinguished road

Hmmm.... I don't know anything about baking soda, except that it must taste like crap. And sorta mildly amused at the idea that a legal background has anything to do with it.

But anyway, I would say that if there's any offense to be had in this thread, it's in the politically charged signature line.
Old 10-19-2012
Crotchety Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caberg View Post
Hmmm.... I don't know anything about baking soda, except that it must taste like crap. And sorta mildly amused at the idea that a legal background has anything to do with it.

But anyway, I would say that if there's any offense to be had in this thread, it's in the politically charged signature line.
I'm mildly amused at other that just want to come into a forum and flame others, as opposed to being nice to others.

Perhaps you could be so good as to reread the thread and note that I was talking about my expertise in research and discerning facts in my profession.

Thanks for reading and adding to the thread. You are a really charming person, and I'm sure that all that you interact with have noticed that.
chef2sail likes this.

S/V Footprints

Youtube

Old 10-19-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Thanks for reading and adding to the thread. You are a really charming person, and I'm sure that all that you interact with have noticed that.Tompersnteau

Tom,

Isn't worth the aggregation. I ignore him. He is an expert at all master of none. Isn't willing to buy a sailboat, but will make pronouncements on others. Just ignore him.

I will have to research the baking soda data. I have a masters as well i am a certified dietary manager as well as having been in the food industry for over 40 years in many capacities including production. First I have ever heard what you are saying. Feel free to send me info at chef2sail@americaonline.com.

I didn't take you we're telling others what to do , just presenting an alternative. Last I heard we all have the right to choose. ( of course unless we lose that in Nov).

Good write up again on Catalia. We saw some sailboats anchored in some of the coves on the western side of the island when we took the Hummer tour. Those coves must be pretty men with swells running wet to east or NW toSW.

Dave
tomperanteau likes this.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 10-19-2012
Crotchety Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Tom,

Isn't worth the aggregation. I ignore him.

Dave
Agreed, Dave. I'll put together what the wife has researched on this and email it to you.

S/V Footprints

Youtube