SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

hurricane Sandy Monday AM Rock Hall, MD

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  chef2sail 
#1 ·
Monday AM at the sailing Emporium, Rock Hall, MD and hurricane Sandy is starting to affect us. The primary concern is losing power and for how long.
I am riding a bike to the beach area, about 4 miles one way, to get a view of the Bay.
Video

#7 ·
Leslie,

Sorry we didn't make it over to Cacaway to see you on Sunday. Sandy intervened. Langford Marina is well protected though. Hope you and Clay are riding this out well and are safe and sound. (Wasn't he on a trip...was he able to fly in?

Dave

#9 · (Edited)
Leslie,

Sorry we didn't make it over to Cacaway to see you on Sunday. Sandy intervened. Langford Marina is well protected though. Hope you and Clay are riding this out well and are safe and sound. (Wasn't he on a trip...was he able to fly in?

Dave
Dave-

I rode(motorcycle) 14 hours non-stop(except for essentials) from north Fla., where I was doing some cave diving, to Rock Hall to get the boat prepped. Didn't expect anyone to come in this mess..but did see a lot of activity at Chestertown for the Downhaul party when I crossed the river.

Thoughts for a get together this weekend? We'll call it the post traumatic Sandy weekend:>

Clay AA3JY

#10 ·
Clay,

Glad you and Leslie are safe. Tango also. I am sure if they open the dam like last year the Bay will be virtually impassable for a couple of weeks. I remember determining the size of the floating logs by how many birds were sitting in them. Saw a 10 bird log frequently.

Dave

#14 ·
Weathered Sandy in Belhaven, NC. While it wasn't pleasant I think the Chesapeake and North got it worse.

Glad to see the Sailing Emporium folks seem to be weathering well. Congratulations to Mayor Bob Willis for his frequent social media updates on storm status.

Best wishes to all...Mike

#15 ·
Weathered Sandy in Belhaven, NC. While it wasn't pleasant I think the Chesapeake and North got it worse.
Hey Mike, you must've met our friends Mark and Diana and Tony and Michelle who were also waiting out Sandy in Belhaven?

#16 ·
Mike glad to see you guys are ok. Look for two of our friends also on the NC portion of the ICW. Freedom- Endevor 43-Ed and Chris and ElandI- Hunter 35.5-Larry and Elaine
Nice people

Was a fun ride up here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.