SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   hurricane Sandy Monday AM Rock Hall, MD (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/93560-hurricane-sandy-monday-am-rock-hall-md.html)

boatingcruising 10-29-2012 10:40 AM

hurricane Sandy Monday AM Rock Hall, MD

Monday AM at the sailing Emporium, Rock Hall, MD and hurricane Sandy is starting to affect us. The primary concern is losing power and for how long.
I am riding a bike to the beach area, about 4 miles one way, to get a view of the Bay.
Video

alphaturtle 10-29-2012 10:45 AM

Re: hurricane Sandy Monday AM Rock Hall, MD

Thanks for the update. Good Luck!

JulieMor 10-29-2012 03:07 PM

Thanks for bringing Rock Hall to us. Stay safe!

RJB766 10-29-2012 03:10 PM

Thanks for the update. We are in Bowley's across the bay so it is great to see the conditions in the upper bay.

Tbo11 10-29-2012 04:00 PM

Thank you for the update. Be safe.

aa3jy 10-29-2012 04:06 PM

Was that a boat off its jack stands..about 50 secs into the utube video?

chef2sail 10-29-2012 04:28 PM

Leslie,

Sorry we didn't make it over to Cacaway to see you on Sunday. Sandy intervened. Langford Marina is well protected though. Hope you and Clay are riding this out well and are safe and sound. (Wasn't he on a trip...was he able to fly in?

Dave

Cruiser2B 10-29-2012 04:58 PM

Adventures of Salacia: Hurricane Sandy Day 3

some pictures and videos of flooding that came with morning tide.

Stay Safe everyone

aa3jy 10-30-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef2sail (Post 940124)
Leslie,

Sorry we didn't make it over to Cacaway to see you on Sunday. Sandy intervened. Langford Marina is well protected though. Hope you and Clay are riding this out well and are safe and sound. (Wasn't he on a trip...was he able to fly in?

Dave

Dave-

I rode(motorcycle) 14 hours non-stop(except for essentials) from north Fla., where I was doing some cave diving, to Rock Hall to get the boat prepped. Didn't expect anyone to come in this mess..but did see a lot of activity at Chestertown for the Downhaul party when I crossed the river.

Thoughts for a get together this weekend? We'll call it the post traumatic Sandy weekend:>

Clay AA3JY

chef2sail 10-30-2012 04:56 AM

Clay,

Glad you and Leslie are safe. Tango also. I am sure if they open the dam like last year the Bay will be virtually impassable for a couple of weeks. I remember determining the size of the floating logs by how many birds were sitting in them. Saw a 10 bird log frequently.

Dave