Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012

deckofficer is on a distinguished road
Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

I don't know if the sailing community remembers this miscarriage of justice on Clear Lake, California, when the Sheriff, under the influence, ran his powerboat at high speed at night over a sailboat, killing one, injury to others. Due to his position, he arrested the operator of the sail boat and charged him with the death.

Preliminary hearing into Clear Lake fatal boat crash | abc7news.com

I just signed the petition "Lake County, California Board of Supervisors, & D. A., Don Anderson: Prosecute former Deputy Russell Perdock for the death of Lynn Thornton." on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/lake..._term=15697171

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2012

justflie is on a distinguished road
Re: Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

There's another thread already talking about this/asking for signatures. A number of people already signedit as a result.
Old 11-02-2012
Sundance 23

carl762 is on a distinguished road
Re: Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

I signed it. Just pisses me off.
Old 11-02-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

You mean to tell us that a$$hole sheriff has evaded justice all this time? Talk about justice delayed is justice denied.

Did he even lose his job over the false arrest or is everything being delayed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 11-02-2012
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
You mean to tell us that a$$hole sheriff has evaded justice all this time? Talk about justice delayed is justice denied.

Did he even lose his job over the false arrest or is everything being delayed?
He eventually lost his job with the Lake County Sheriff's office, but it wasn't clear to me exactly why he was canned. The Lake County DA also lost his job (he wasn't re-elected), largely due to the backlash over this incident.

However, as I pointed out in the other thread on this topic, the statute of limitations has lapsed on this case. A million folks could sign this petition and it wouldn't matter a lick. Unfortunately, Perdock can't be tried in this case.
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Old 11-02-2012
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowButSteady View Post
He eventually lost his job with the Lake County Sheriff's office, but it wasn't clear to me exactly why he was canned. The Lake County DA also lost his job (he wasn't re-elected), largely due to the backlash over this incident.

However, as I pointed out in the other thread on this topic, the statute of limitations has lapsed on this case. A million folks could sign this petition and it wouldn't matter a lick. Unfortunately, Perdock can't be tried in this case.
What about a wrongful death suit?

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 11-02-2012
Senior Slacker

As I recall, there was a wrongful death suit brought by Lynn Thornton's family. But that is separate from the criminal prosecution asked for in this petition.
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Old 11-03-2012

deckofficer is on a distinguished road

Deputy Perdock is now a director on the Fire Board for Lake County.

Old 11-03-2012
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
Deputy Perdock is now a director on the Fire Board for Lake County.
The old boy network strikes again. That county sounds like one of the backwoods Florida counties in an old John D. MacDonald novel.

Why didn't the State A.G. ever get involved in such an obvious case of corruption?

Last edited by SloopJonB; 11-03-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2012
Senior Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
The old boy network strikes again. That county sounds like one of the backwoods Florida counties in an old John D. MacDonald novel.

Why didn't the State A.G. never get involved in such an obvious case of corruption?
There was an effort to get the Attorney General's office to look into it, but Jerry Brown (the then-A.G., and current Governor) declined.