SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#4,294 · (Edited)
Hint time: If you have ever been in this harbor, you would say to yourself...why the f*** did they come all this way into this harbor when there are so many easier places to land? And, if you ever grew up in New England, you had a field trip here. I'm not sure they still do field trips here because the true history has come to light.

So, this one was a bit easy, shall we give thanks for the giving? Or, just another invasion by the Brits?

#4,297 ·
Oh for heavens sake .... I've been searching all over for Greek Temples or Greek columns in New England. Tried a bit of New England History. Homer the Wombat iz me ! Duh !!

That is Plymouth Rock. (or at least the monument that covers Plymouth Rock.)

Reactions: Faster
#4,310 ·
Maybe the perspective is deceiving and those cars aren't on the beach, but I lived is SoCal for 30 years and I can't think of anywhere in the L.A. area where you can park on the beach.

I does look like SoCal and it kind of looks familiar but :confused::confused: And I don't remember LA County lifeguard huts being blue... but it's been a while. Malibu have blue huts but I don't know of a marina behind the beach. I'm guessing SoCal but either further north or further south... out of the L.A. jungle

edit: Does look smoggy......

#4,312 ·
Well don’t I look stupid?

I’ve picked up an end-tie in Alamitos Bay a few times, most years at Christmas used to walk round the Naples canals when they were all lit up and spent many an evening in the Belmont Brewing Company (and the Rusty Pelican before it closed). …. and I still didn’t recognize where it was. :hammer There used to be a friendly Irish bar just down PCH at Huntington Harbor but I can’t remember the name - I think I fried a few too many brain cells when I was young and foolish.

And I still can’t figure out where those cars are.

#4,317 ·
I don't know it as The Great Ocean Road which is in Victoria but you are essentially correct. However ... without making it too easy I want to know where the photo was taken from.

The place shares something with the Long Island snap. Not exactly but very similar.

#4,322 ·
Eddystone Light? ( mostly for elimination - close but not quite exactly right)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.