SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#4,618 · (Edited)
At first didn't like the last version on maps.google.com, but once I got used too find it very easy, with much more information integrated in one screen. Nice tool to use with low resources equipment, but need updated browsers.
I know is an off topic comment, but think could improve the move of the game.

#4,625 ·
I'm thinking the city/town might be Whangerei. Location looks to be in the harbour that leads up to Whangerei.

Then again ... I've been wrong before.

#4,636 ·
Just a wild *** guess. I don't have google earth right now as my last computer hard drive went bad and not only did I lose all of my saved images and data, I have to use this old Acer computer that's more like a Model T that a Ferrari. Without GE, I don't even know what's south of the Bahamas. I'm saving a bit of my SS checks to buy a new one.:mad::mad::mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.