SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#4,713 ·
Arrrrggggh! Thanks mate! :)

Its a nice spot to anchor between the fish market and the cruise ship wharf. No one else goes there, stuffed if I know why because the place is pretty and people are friendly.

I gotta wait till the morning for electricty to fire up the big computer for my turn. Just after the sun hits the panels!

Mark

#4,714 ·
Name the Region

Da Rulz:

Each clue more of the map will be revealed... (If it is a map, if might be a photo of a nude...
I will keep the frame the same in each clue.
No hints given, nor will I confirm wild stabs in the dark.
You can use Google, charts etc to your delight... or destruction...

#4,717 ·
Name the Region

Clue 2

Da rulz:

Each clue more of the map will be revealed... (If it is a map, if might be a photo of a nude...
I will keep the frame the same in each clue.
No hints given, nor will I confirm wild stabs in the dark.
You can use Google, charts etc to your delight... or destruction...

#4,730 ·
Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway

Pure guesswork on my part but its the only US canal I can find that crosses state lines and isn't part of the ICW.

hmmmm ..... was part of an interstate canal. That could be a problem. :)

#4,735 · (Edited)
Not Susquehanna and Tidewater Canal, which is now part of a state park walking and biking trail both sides of the Susquehanna that after many miles connects Perryville to Havre de Grace. Faster by boat or the road bridges.

Not the C&O canal, was that ever completed? (Correction; my daughter traveled by kayak from West Virginia through Maryland on the canal while in high school, it was completed from Ohio all the way to DC).

The canal in question was completed and operated for a number of years at a loss.

This is the ATON at the eastern entrance to a cut that bypassed the lock in the previous image and is now the entrance to the former canal basin.

This former interstate canal were privately financed through a public offering (the original IPO) a toll was charged but the shareholders did not recover their investment.

The replacement for this canal was with federal money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.