SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
The Galapagos are a bit closer, but still over 2000 miles away, so it isn't quite it. The temperatures are a lot warmer than in the Hebrides or Faroes and the sparse vegation is due to being on the leeward side of the island.

The whole island is a national park / nature preserve and there are some rare plants on the island. The bay in the picture is the only anchorage on the island and is quite protected.

#14 ·
I have a sneaky feeling you've got it, T....

#20 ·
That's an interesting thread:)

Maybe I can purpose some rules?: The one that win and discover the place will have to continue the game posting another place to discover.

Leads should be provided related to guesses, right or wrong. Each post deserves an answer from the one that is leading the game...and that is T37 Solare now;).

Well, I would say that is on the med?

#27 ·
We were only there for a day while we were on the Royal Clipper sailing from Venice to Rome, so I really cant say much about it other than the great seafood :)

Your pic looks like it might be Montenegro?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.