SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#3,044 ·
The hills have the look of Domineca.. Prince Rupert Bay. Weren't we here not too long ago??;)

#3,046 ·
If it's any consolation, Z, it's -9C here right now... record cold for the date for Vancouver.

Here's a warmer day... not quite so far away. Looking SE'

#3,049 · (Edited)
Don't see Sea's clues,(?) but you got it. Terrific spot in summer as long as it doesn't blow SE.. Totally open and a long shallow beach makes for a very uncomfortable anchorage.

You're up, DJL.. well done.

#3,050 ·
I'm sorry, I'm drinking too much, end of year is coming and december is a all round party... Faster did the clues, looking SE, near Vancouver, a beach with sand, grass, and lots of sailing boats...,I'm still dizzy...
picture will come soon, it will be a hung over picture!!!

#3,054 ·
It is not Lake Champlain, you are very close. The lake we are looking for is much more smaller, to the west. The lake has the name of a Town, which is around a lake with different name. Always been courious why? A place for sports all year around!.

#3,057 ·
I agree, beautiful place always, I have friends who own a house by the lake, and every time I go back I get amazed by the beauty of the lanscape.
Lake Placid it is, and the moutain I was asking for is White Face.
Good Job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.