SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#3,378 ·
andrew - the video just hinted cuba in the text to it, but wouldn't have give any further clues... ;)
tdw - ‘Life in this world, is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly, “Go on, do Deformed Rabbit... it’s my favourite.“' :)

#3,387 ·
If so, eastern seaboard but I can't find that lighthouse in Maine...

#3,404 ·
Normally yes, one should wait for the OP to confirm (but you can spend your time preparing your picture). If the answer is obvious and it takes too long for the original poster to confirm the correct identification of the picture (a day at most) , then go ahead and post the next picture. I, for one, would welcome a chance to guess another picture...

#3,405 ·
You can see the boardwalk and similar layout on GE.. I suspect DT's got it. We've agreed, I believe, to proceed with other confirmation.

Welcome to the game, Delta-T.. no thumbnails, please ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.