SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#3,923 · (Edited)

This shot is taken from the Jinnamgwan looking down to the harbour. You can see a statue of Admiral Yi Sun-sin just off to the right but the Geobukseon is out of frame to the left. It sits on the pier at the waterfront. Apparently it used to be kept afloat. There is also a half scale model just outside the main KTX train terminal.

Admiral Yi used to guide fleet manouvres from up here. He is a fascinating man. Only Horatio Nelson is considered his equal as a naval strategist.

Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering, I was there a week or so back. Fascinating being able to tour that ship. Fascinating place Korea. A most remarkable history.

Reactions: MarkofSeaLife
#3,931 ·
I copied this from Wickedpedia:
Fahrenheit remains the official scale for the following countries: the Bahamas,[2] Belize,[3] the Cayman Islands,[4] Palau,[citation needed] and the United States and associated territories (Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands). Canada retains it as a supplementary scale that can be used alongside Celsius.

Moreover, the photo is not in the US or any possessions or territories.

#3,935 ·
Don't know cos you guys seem to have an ability to make the tropics look cold. :)

Has to be US cos the boats are looking very American and it looks cold so I'm thinking east coast mid to upper probably Chesapeka somewhere.

OK .... so how far off am I ? :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.