SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#1,109 ·
A marine park on one of the Great Lakes... pretty flat country there...

#1,111 ·
One looks like it could be an auto ferry, the other some sort of passenger ferry or water taxi. It's hard to be sure though.

I'm guessing this is not a far off destination every boat has the outboard on the dink so they are not set up for a crossing... Is it in New England?

#1,112 ·
Ferries? Passenger and vehicle? So we may be at/near/on an island?

#1,114 ·
Picture file name includes 'morning'...??:confused:

Can we narrow down the continent? Looks like North America..

#1,118 ·
Mark you are right. In the first picture the sailboats at anchor with dinghies gave the clue that it was a cruising destination. The two commercial vessels let one know where. The ferry is an Albury ferry unique to the Abacos and the freighter indicated a harbour. Had to be Marsh Harbour. The courtesy flag in the second photo is the Bahamian ensign which is flown as the courtesy flag.

#1,124 ·
Jeez Mark.... use photobucket already....

Within 10 deg lat is a big belt worldwide.. is it Caribbean?....

#1,127 ·
.... and it could be +/- 10 degrees....:(

Sure looks like Caribbean.. obviously little wind break, so low land/reef.. plenty of buildings so not a place like Nonesuch Bay....

#1,131 ·
Lol! Correct! :D

I couldnt get a photo from my big computer so i took one on the ipad from the cockpit. There is a cold norther up to 30 knots at the moment and this bay is copping it.
The buildings on the center left are accommodation blocks for a navy station, the blob building center right... Hence the regularity of the buildings and eye sore main building

#1,132 ·
hey!!!:mad::mad::mad:

The rules say you have to HAVE BEEN there..... nothing about being right there at the moment!!:mad::mad::p;):D

.... Good one.....:cool:

#1,134 ·
Looks like this basin... long row of small buildings bottom center??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.