SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#2,458 ·
Andrew's still sleeping.. but I'd say Seaduction has posted the confirmation pic with the monument..

#2,460 ·
Seaduction is on the money. That is where Captain Cook first landed in Oz and benificently (sic) allowed the trouble natives to embrace the British Empire. 200 years later they are beginning to think that was not such a good idea. Ungrateful buggers. Traded them a lovely scrap of desert and smallpox for this worthless lump of seashore. No pleasing some people.

Ok, so if Seaduction is away .... try this.

#2,465 ·
Game fishing ... charter boats perhaps ? That looks like a US flag on that post. Cannot zoom in far enough to read any ports of registry but I'm guessing not mainland USA. US virgin Islands maybe ?

#2,466 ·
It isn't the BVI and doesn't look like the USVI either - both the topology and layout don't match. It could be the Caribbean due to the lack of tides. I'd guess it might the south part of Guadeloupe, there are a lot of fishermen in the Saintes (which are more hilly than in the picture) but there are a couple of smaller harbours and marinas on the big island on Guadeloupe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.