Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Cruisingdad,

Does your grill act any differently in cooler weather for you/ You may have to buy the special adaptor I use here in the north for the fall
It does act differently. Everything gets dried out. I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact I crank i as high as possible to minimize my time in the freezing 60's!!!

BTW, as I have shared with you and Jaye, I really look forward to coming up to the Chessy and visiting that area. Not sure I will stay through November though!!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Today is my second in Stuart at the upper end of Manatee Pocket at A&J Marine, where a very nice young man repacked my packing gland. He accomplished the task in less than an hour - HE knew what he was doing.

Tomorrow, a new water pump will be installed by the same person, which solves most of my problems. The only remaining problem is the cutlass bearing, which Mario graciously dove under the boat and checked out for me yesterday. He has a wet suit and could tolerate the chilly water temperatures much better than this old man.

Tonight, I'll be performing music with an old friend at a private party, which should be lots of fun, then first thing tomorrow I'll try to line up someone to take care of the cutlass bearing.

Today's temperature was 81 - Ahhhhh, much better. I'm back to wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts. I love it.

By the end of the week, hopefully, I'll be headed for Miami, and with any kind of luck should get there in 4 to 5 days. Then it's just another 100 miles to Marathon.

Oh Yeah!

Gary
CatMan22 likes this.
Old 11-13-2012

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
It does act differently. Everything gets dried out. I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact I crank i as high as possible to minimize my time in the freezing 60's!!!

BTW, as I have shared with you and Jaye, I really look forward to coming up to the Chessy and visiting that area. Not sure I will stay through November though!!

Brian
You have a slip here if and when you need it.
Most day's of the week there is a car available as well.
HDChopper likes this.
Old 11-13-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
You have a slip here if and when you need it.
Most day's of the week there is a car available as well.
Thank you! I really appreciate that. Will not be until next spring/summer. Hopefully see you soon.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 11-13-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Oh man tha will be great. We will all have to have a grill cook off. Start memorizing your recipes.

dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 11-13-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road

Ooh, I'm in! My pressure cooker vs your grill - the great boat cooking technique challenge!

Dave, we HAVE to do those Chesapeake Lions burgees if CD is actually going to be here next summer!

Hey CD, we're southbound autumn 2013. Traveling in loose association with 3 other boats, partying our way down to FL. I mention this to you because, we leave the Ches. early (late Sept) so we are way south before any of that cold weather stuff happens. Like, after a leisurely trip we tied up in St Augustine 1 year ago today. So, maybe we'll see you down the waterway.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 11-13-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Hmmm...the challenege should be a marketbasket where we are all given the same ingredients, a mystery to us beforehand to make it fair. No recipies....just creativeity

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 11-13-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road

Hmm, let's see - an IT guy, an engineer, a lawyer, and a professional chef competing in a cookoff. And how, exactly, is this playing field even?

(Note how I cleverly invited my friend Phil the lawyer to join the fun?)

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 11-13-2012

misfits is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
It does act differently. I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact I crank i as high as possible to minimize my time in the freezing 60's!!!
Does it take longer to cook food on the grill in that cold temperature?
You guys are too funny
Old 11-13-2012

misfits is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
Today is my second in Stuart at the upper end of Manatee Pocket at A&J Marine, where a very nice young man repacked my packing gland. He accomplished the task in less than an hour - HE knew what he was doing.
A couple of more cocktails & I could really do something with this being the twisted soul that I am.

Glad everything's working out & you basking in the warmth!
You planning on spending xmas in the Keys?