SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   San Diego Shakedown Day 2 - Dana Point (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/93849-san-diego-shakedown-day-2-dana-point.html)

tomperanteau 11-06-2012 01:38 PM

San Diego Shakedown Day 2 - Dana Point

Bradhamlet 11-06-2012 02:44 PM

Re: San Diego Shakedown Day 2 - Dana Point

Nice video Crotchety, love when the pooch, First mate and the dolphins all work together for a nice shot. Not lumpy at all, did the wind ever get to that 10-15 dream land sailing? How was San Diego? I have a buddy who runs a tuna boat out there and is always telling me to come and stay for a while, but there is never any wind South of Newport. What's your take?

Brad
Lancer 36

azguy 11-06-2012 03:12 PM

I love your videos; I watch vids like this on Utube all the time, it helps my sailing fix until I get a boat...

Thanks and keep 'em coming.

tomperanteau 11-06-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradhamlet:943889
Nice video Crotchety, love when the pooch, First mate and the dolphins all work together for a nice shot. Not lumpy at all, did the wind ever get to that 10-15 dream land sailing? How was San Diego? I have a buddy who runs a tuna boat out there and is always telling me to come and stay for a while, but there is never any wind South of Newport. What's your take?

Brad
Lancer 36

Wind was becalmed. We only did about 20 miles a day, but we were determined to sail all the way back. San Diego was really nice. Such a great city...

tomperanteau 11-06-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azguy:943903
I love your videos; I watch vids like this on Utube all the time, it helps my sailing fix until I get a boat...

Thanks! I have about three more that I'm going to post soon.

chef2sail 11-07-2012 04:38 AM

Great videos Tom

Wonder what was going through dog Frdays mind as he watched the dolphins. I had a German Shorthaired Pointor _Thor RIP who used to see the dolphins stand on the ow and point at them for minutes.

We loved San Diego when we came out last year. Got to sail on Stars and Stripes for an afternoon...great climate.

dave

blutoyz 11-07-2012 10:03 AM

Nice vid...these will keep me going until launch next year;)

justflie 11-07-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azguy (Post 943903)

AZguy, I thought I was the only one! I feel slightly more sane now, thanks (but just slightly!).

Tom, keep 'em coming. It's great to live a little vicariously through others while I sit in New England waiting for our Nor'easter without a boat!

ColdEspresso 11-07-2012 11:33 AM

Good videos. I miss the waters off of San Diego

tomperanteau 11-07-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef2sail (Post 944356)
Great videos Tom

Wonder what was going through dog Frdays mind as he watched the dolphins. I had a German Shorthaired Pointor _Thor RIP who used to see the dolphins stand on the ow and point at them for minutes.

We loved San Diego when we came out last year. Got to sail on Stars and Stripes for an afternoon...great climate.

dave

Thanks!

Funny that Friday barks at the sea lions, but is fascinated by the dolphins. Go figure. Sounds like your dog had the same mindset. Great dogs think alike, eh?