SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

If you had a fully loaded sailboat where would you sail to?

4K views 37 replies 34 participants last post by  156680 
#1 ·
So lets say you want to get away from it all. And you have a good size sailboat with all the supplies to last you for a while. Where would you go?

#15 · (Edited)
First of all I would take some load out:D. I don't like to sail boats near their maximum payload. No fun:cool: and then I would sail to a place where I can stay out of marinas, can sail everyday to a different place, can go to a bar or taverna when I want, find easily food at cheap prices. Some more points, it had to have beautiful scenery, preferably clear and hot water.

I am missing something:rolleyes:, oh yes, nice chicks but I guess that I am englobing that on the nice scenery:D

Regards

Paulo

#18 ·
First of all I would take some load out:D. I don't like to sail boats near their maximum payload. No fun:cool: and then I would sail to a place where I can stay out of marinas, can sail everyday to a different place, can go to a bar or taverna when I want, find easily food at cheap prices. Some more points, it had to have beautiful scenery, preferably clear and hot water.

I am missing something:rolleyes:, oh yes, nice chicks but I guess that I am englobing that on the nice scenery:D

Regards

Paulo
So you mean Brazil Paulo!!

#22 ·
i would take the boat were ever the winds blew me. then stay at a island for a bit then move on. makeing friends as i go and new sailing friends along the way. i wouldn't stop at one place for to long. i would take the boat till i couldn't take it any more.

#29 ·
How many crew members are on the boat, and are they brave and tough or cowardly? Can a crew of one or two stay on while I get off for a while?

There are lots of places to go and reasons for going or not going, but I wouldn't want the thread to get moved to the politics section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.