Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2013

KnottyGurl is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone know anything about Precision Sail Loft?

I ordered a new main and genoa at the time
I was able to upgrade to radial for an extra 100 which
I did. I have been using the sails this summer and they have preformed
Better then expected
The boat points higher has an increase in speed and look fantastic.
I will buy from them again as they were very helpfull in ordering
They even made sure after I had taken measurements that it was also
On the updated forms. Calls were responded a day or do ląter as was email.
I do recommend them highly for price and preformance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2013

thomashall1 is on a distinguished road

Re: Precision Sails. The price was attractive, so in July I placed the order for a new 120% headsail for our Pearson 28-1. Precision sent (via e-mail) a very detailed questionnaire eliciting plenty of measurements. I filled out the form and faxed a copy back to them. About six weeks later, the sail arrived. We raised it on the furler Friday evening, and sailed in the club race the next day. We sailed well, scoring our first bullet this season, scratching and correcting first. Yesterday we raced again - winds varying from 15 to 25 knots, more in gusts. Scratched and corrected second.

The sail seems to be well-made - with foam luff and uv protection. Time will tell how well the sail holds up. At this time, we are pleased. Would I order from them again? Yes.

Tom Hall
Old 10-05-2013

wdfunk is on a distinguished road

I bought a main from Precision this spring for my hobie 33, Dacron cross cut for about $1250..Not a bad price but I think Peak Sails NA will beat it..Precision sent out a comprehensive measurement chart for the main which was very detailed. No excuse for not getting an accurate fit...Sail delivery was a little slow (think it was about 10 weeks), but part of that may have been to communication issues..Anyways, sail quality is very good, fit exactly as ordered and after one season of beating the snot out of it on SDF Bay, seems to be holding up just fine..Think internet ordering will be the way of the world for anyone who doesn't need sails made of unobtainium...
Old 01-03-2014
Spirit of Adventure

dstouten is on a distinguished road

My name is Don and I sail a 1972 Islander 34. I needed new sails when I bought the boat in March 2013 and as you said, Precision Sails seemed almost too good. I ordered and paid for my sails anyway. Let me tell you that everything about Precision Sails is FANTASTIC. On the day after I rec'd them I took a 350nm shakedown cruise with my new sails. Everything worked perfectly and every phone call or question got answered.

This is one time when what seems too good to be true is absolutely true.

I can't say enough good things about them and within a few months I will be ordering a spinnaker.

Hope this helps.

Don
Old 01-03-2014
new dad!

christian.hess is on a distinguished road

man! I have an islander 36 and had an islander 34 a few years back

if you wouldnt mind saying approx how much your sails where by pm or whatever I would very much like to here it

I would love a new genny for my islander my main is the rolly tasker and Im really pleased with how that feels and looks too...
Old 01-05-2014
Spirit of Adventure

dstouten is on a distinguished road

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you.

My main and my 110 head sail cost under $3,000. I had priced a main alone at almost that amount. I can't say enough about Precision. I have a blog (click on my bio and it will take you there) and they were looking at my sails on the blog and called me saying that they wanted to replace my head sail due to some discoloration on the sail. I thought is was just natural but they said that it shouldn't be fading and they wanted to replace the whole sail. They will send me a new one in a few months and I will send them back this one at no expense to me. Amazing service.
I hope this helps.
Don
christian.hess likes this.

Last edited by dstouten; 01-05-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

itsjojo is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I found this particular thread by doing a search on Percision Sails. I had already ordered my main sail from Percision and wanted to see what people have been saying about them. I was a bit concerned in the first few pages or so of this thread. I personally think they were getting beat up on. Reading further it seemed those who placed orders were happy. Non the less I already paid for my O'Day 23 mainsail on February 14 2014. I saved this page and knew I'd be back to anti up my feedback if/when my sail arrived. Here i am!
On Valentines day I logged onto Percision's site and quickly configured my options on their graphical design page. Cool! I clicked the online chat/help button and met Matt who seemed to know a lot about the sails. All my questions were answered without delay and we together picked the sail options best suited to me and what I wanted. Matt informed me that there was a discount for ordering on Valentines day. The discount was worth it. I ordered the sail. $690 shipped! Seemed like a deal. I was told 4 weeks to receive it. Filled out a measurement form and emailed it back. In 4 weeks the sail was not here. on my day off I waited until the afternoon (east coast) so they were "at work" (their time) and my call got answered by an automated machine. ( I thought oooh no!) I pressed the number for my correct option and in 15 seconds Daryl answered. Within a few minutes he tracked my sail down and told me it was ready for Q.A. (quality inspection) and it would be shipped in a few days. I just got home today and was greeted by my sail sitting on my front porch. Was told 4 weeks and waited 14 days extra "6 weeks total". I did expect this delay since I read this thread and it seemed others had a slight delay on their orders as well. The sail? Well it blew me away. I actually said under my breath before opening it, "please please let this be right". I will say I am a first time sailor long time boater and Sailboats are new to me. The sail is very impressive. The hardware, Dacron, the options I wanted. I'm very impressed. Also I want say I hope this post doesn't get flagged for being too promotional. If it does, so what! I am not here to promote Percision. I am here to answer this quesiton: "Anyone know anything about Precision Sail Loft? " I am a first time customer with this company. I live in Pennsylvania. I'll be sailing this at Harvey's Lake and Lake Wallenpaupak in northeast Pa. I'll leave by saying that I may not post on this site that much but I will check in each day to see if anyone has questions on this sail. I'd be happy to let you know more. I will provide pictures if needed. My experience with Percision Sail Loft has been a 100% positive one. The slight delay on arrival, Yea it sucked, I mean it really sucked! my stomach was burning with stress, I hate waiting. My excitement on opening the box was all worth it! Lakes around here are still iced over. I will chime in on each development. Sail fit, Sailing etc. if anyone wants to know more. Hope this is of some help to those of you considering a Percision Sail.
John (itsjojo)