SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

I Think I Found My Boat!

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  JulieMor 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Those chainplates looked freshly buffed as well. ;)

#4 ·
Is there a bottle of Bushmills behind the port settee?

#13 ·
I might be able to overlook that but to complain about Myers and have a bottle of coconut cruzan? Is this another of those times where sarcasm needs a sign (cuz if so it would be a picture coconut cruzan) Are we being punked? wtf?:confused::confused:

Also, where's the Zantac to mix with that there Cruzan?

#9 ·
Gosling's? Hmmmm.... I don't think they even sell that around here.

But I can help with the LI.

Pour equal parts vodka, gin, rum, tequila and triple sec in a pitcher (brands your choice but upper shelf brands do make a difference). Place it in the freezer over night.

Fill a glass about half way with ice and pour the mix in to your liking. The frozen mix won't melt the ice so you need less ice. Then fill just short of the top with Mr. & Mrs. T's Sweet & Sour Mix (everything else I've tried is too sweet). Shake well. Then top off with Coke and add fruit garnish to your taste. Then kiss your troubles goodbye. :D

#14 ·
Gosling's? Hmmmm.... I don't think they even sell that around here.

But I can help with the LI.

Pour equal parts vodka, gin, rum, tequila and triple sec in a pitcher (brands your choice but upper shelf brands do make a difference). Place it in the freezer over night.

Fill a glass about half way with ice and pour the mix in to your liking. The frozen mix won't melt the ice so you need less ice. Then fill just short of the top with Mr. & Mrs. T's Sweet & Sour Mix (everything else I've tried is too sweet). Shake well. Then top off with Coke and add fruit garnish to your taste. Then kiss your troubles goodbye. :D
You probably just ruined my life.

#10 ·
Julie,
I see you are from Chicago. I started sailing out of Monroe Harbor many many years ago. We are now over on the Michigan side but I still have plenty of friends in Chicago.
Where do you sail out of?
If your ever in Monroe on a Sunny Warm Summer Night/Day, stop by and say hello to these folks... Welcome to the Poor Man's Yacht Club
You will find them to be a crazy group and most often after a day on the water hanging out on the "North Wall" of Monroe Harbor.

Good luck with the search.
Have you been down to Crowley's?
Did you know they are having a 1-day sale this weekend. Don't think boats are included :)

#11 ·
We were at Monroe for a few years then moved to a slip in Burnham. It was my dad's boat and he ended up taking it down to FL when he retired. About 10 years later I was working for a contractor downtown and the owner bought a sailboat that I helmed for races for a few years. That too was kept at Burnham. I've been landlocked for over 10 years now.

I checked Crowley's listings. It's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend and I thought of going over there but I'm afraid if I actually look at a boat that I like I might do something stupid like make them an offer. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.