SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Raccoon Stowaway part Deux (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/94500-raccoon-stowaway-part-deux.html)

administrator 11-27-2012 07:40 PM

Raccoon Stowaway part Deux

from my buddy Marty during his recent ICW trip. No harm came to the Raccoon.

administrator 11-27-2012 07:43 PM

Re: Raccoon Stowaway part Deux

part three

erps 11-27-2012 08:17 PM

I had a racoon by the tail one time that was stunned after being hit by the car. It came to life a second after I picked it up........and it was not happy.

In another racoon incident, we had one open up the companion way door one night at a local state park island and sneak some disposed chicken pieces out of the trash bin. The wife heard the door rattle and woke me up. I thought she was nuts, but when I shined a light aft, those gleaming eyes stared back at me with a WTF look.

MarkofSeaLife 11-27-2012 08:23 PM

He swore at it!!

What do you expect when some 6 ft mutt points a gun and starts swearing!

The raccoon is so cute!

The second video is a great IQ test.... The raccoon wins lol

smurphny 11-28-2012 10:02 AM

About 30 years ago, I discovered a raccoon up in the bow of my old 42' Wheeler right after launching in the spring. I went up to get some anchor line and saw two eyes staring at me from the dark! He/she was one of those coons that can look down into garbage cans...a big one. He wasn't about to move. So I attached a slip knot onto the end of a boat hook and managed to get the lasso over his head at which point he became quite angry, snarling and trying to bite. To everyone's great amusement on the dock, out of the back door of the boat I came dragging this very unhappy coon, thrashing, snarling, and fighting the whole way. I dragged him all the way up the dock, let the noose go, and off he went, no doubt looking for that night's garbage cans to overturn.

Harborless 11-28-2012 05:53 PM

So far my biggest uninvited guest has been my mother in law
ZING!

actually im not even married..

Ferretchaser 11-28-2012 06:22 PM

We had a guest a little while back when we wanted to go out for a paddle that yak was already occupied.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...-24-40_531.jpg

Had to tip him out and he was not happy about it

blutoyz 11-30-2012 11:14 AM

I am guessing that the next video will be titled "our pet raccoon Rocky"

JulieMor 11-30-2012 07:38 PM

I've had two experiences with a raccoon. The first, when I was about 13 or 14 started when I heard something crying in our back yard. It was about 5:30 AM and it was so loud it woke me up. We had a pool that hadn't been filled and the raccoon was stuck in it. So I figured I'd just go in there and pick it up and let it out.

WRONG!

As I slowly approached it, talking to it calmly so it knew I wasn't going to hurt it :rolleyes: it went into a corner. As I approached it jumped out at me and bit the tip of my shoe. I scrambled out of there quick! I then placed a log in the shallow end so it could climb out itself.

The second time I was a few years older. I went to a friend's house. She was in hysterics. Then she told me a baby raccoon was in their house. Their dog had cornered it behind the couch. I asked her for some thick ski gloves and reached over the back of the couch and quickly grabbed the baby by the nape of the neck.

It started screaming, shrieking and making all kinds of noises! I ran for the door telling my girlfriend to open it quickly and when she did I threw it out into the yard. My heart was pounding out of my chest!

Those things are mean!