SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Well.. maybe they can wash the deck..

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  JonEisberg 
#1 ·
Any of you seen this latest jetski antic?? Feel free to skip the first minute or so...

#2 ·
Jetski's have always seemed like they would be fun for a season, or a month, and then it would get tiring. Have you ever noticed the resale on these things?

This seems to me like a way to make your Jetski fun for another couple of hours...

Maybe I am being anthropomorphic, but I see the riderless Jetskis running at full throttle, but not moving, and it seems to me kind of sad....

#4 ·
Yep... different strokes for different folks.

I don't own a Jetski, and probably never will. That does not mean that others don't like 'em, they're just not for me.

#6 ·
These things look like they would be fun as part of say a weekend vacation on the beach. Kind of like a Jet ski, I could see renting one, but not owning one, though I did have one for a while. The Ski I had was not mine, but it was stored at my place and I had the only vehicle to get it to the water. So it was essentially mine, and the rent was to be able to take it out when I wanted. But it was an old school stand up and not a lot of fun on the Hudson River.

#9 ·
It would be a great way to experience an old time jet pack without almost certainly getting killed. :)

#11 ·
Well, I suppose the good news is, they will at least drown out the noise of neighboring cruisers running Honda 2000s on their foredecks... (grin)

I suppose it's only fitting, that the first time I saw (and heard) these annoyances in use, was near Staniel Cay in the Exumas last winter - where much of the James Bond flick THUNDERBALL was filmed...

Guaranteed, these will be coming soon to an anchorage near you, if you plan on being in the Exumas this winter - or, anywhere else the charter megayachts flock to...

It's a fulltime job for the deckhands on those boats, deploying the assortment of toys their guests apparently demand...

If it's solace, or peace that you're seeking in a place like the Bahamas, prepare to move on if one of these toyboxes shows up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.