SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Dec. sailing

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  blt2ski 
#1 ·
Went sailing today on my buddys boat on the upper bay, man it was FUN. Just enough wind, not too cold, and plenty of space only saw about 3 other boats, was one of them you? I hope so!

#4 ·
Bet we saw you today as we were off of white rocks to the steel mill most of the day. We have a C&C 35 blue canvass, Halekula and were only jib sailing today. We saw two blue hulled boats. One was a smaller Catalina. The other headed out into the bay and we didn't follow.

I keep by boat Maryland Yacht Club on the port before you get to White Rocks Mains

Dave
P

#7 ·
I bet you were that Pearson 30 heading toward Shady Side that went by us like we were standing still in the afternoon. Beneteau 321 "Triple J" (for now). We were doing pretty well with keeping up with the blue hulled boat (not sure what make) in front of us until the wind died down. I find it is good practice to find boat that remotely looks like they know what they are doing and try and keep up (preferably pass).

#8 ·
C-2-S, we did see a boat with only the 'jib' deployed, to the north of us, and yes we did go out to the channel marker. She is a 27ft C-C, with dark blue hull and 'dirty sails',( I DO get on him about replaceing his sails), so far no luck, ha, ha. B-H, I don't 'remember' seeing your boat, but we may have. I DO hope you ALL enjoyed it as much as I did. We are going to TRY one(1) more before he puts her to bed for the winter, hope to maybe 'see' some of you again in a couple of weeks.

#13 ·
I was putting up xmas lights on my boat, THIS was going on a bit south of me......even snowed a few times in the past, race goes on! 1st of 4 in what is called the southern sound series. Next race the saturday after new years, the pres day weekend, 4th race is the 3rd weekend in March. Just as the Center sound series heats up.........joys of sailing and racing all year in puget sound!

marty

Marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.