Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012

lancelot9898 is on a distinguished road
Re: An Informed Opinion about the Bounty

Dave, speaking of the weather channel, I haven't seen any comments about the presentation. I was impressed by Barksdale's interview. Those 14 people are really lucky to be alive and not be trapped by the rigging.

You'ld think that the weather channel would know better than to depect the rotation of the hurricane in the northern hemisphere as clockwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

I missed the Weather Channel too, but I'm sure someone can share.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 12-06-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
deleted text from abusive message - tdw
You call me prejudiced and then you choose to purposely call me a neo-Nazi knowing that I have had 43 members of my family exterminated in a concentration camp. You are anti semetic and just posted it in living color. Thats pretty low even for you

Quote:
or if we are maliciousSal Paradise
So Sal does this qualify or does it not because I deserve it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by tdw; 12-06-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2012

casey1999 is on a distinguished road

Chef,
Don't let him bother you. He even admits he is a redneck.

Why cannot we just get along:
smurphny likes this.
Old 12-06-2012
Junior member, rest old

msmith10 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for pulling that post, tdw. This thread as well as the other Bounty thread have been teetering on the edge for quite a while now, but blatant personal attacks are off base and that was a prime post for "the hook".
I'm going to follow the "Overheating" thread until the inquiry report comes out. Until then, sayonara everyone.
chef2sail likes this.
Old 12-06-2012

swampcreek is on a distinguished road

"Chef,
Don't let him bother you. He even admits he is a redneck."

You say redneck like it's a bad thing!

Anyway, I jumped on board to say in support of Chef that politically we're really far apart but I consider him a friend and although we might do a friendly brush up here and there we do have in common among others things this wonderful thing called sailing. I often see Chef as we cross paths in Rock Creek and I'm happy to wave to him. I met him personally at MYC at last years Sailnet gathering and had a great time. So there Chef! You have now been supported by a redneck who actually has a "God Guns and Guts" bumper sticker on his big Ford truck, that is if you can read it through the black diesel smoke when I throttle up for yellow lights!...Sleep tight neighbor!

Just to clear up any confusion many think redneck means racist...thats liberal BS!
chef2sail likes this.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Old 12-06-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
You call me prejudiced and then you choose to purposely call me a neo-Nazi knowing that I have had 43 members of my family exterminated in a concentration camp. You are anti semetic and just posted it in living color. Thats pretty low even for you

So Sal does this qualify or does it not because I deserve it?
C'mon guys it is pretty clear Dave is personally invested in this. I am sure there were folks who defended the Captain of the Costa Concordia too, from a personal perspective.

I know Chef / Dave personally and can assure you he's a nice guy.. Perhaps his posts on the HMS Bounty can come across in a manner that is worthy of debate but if we have stooped to the level of calling people NeoNatzi's please........ GROW UP.......

As a friend I pointed out when I thought Chef was acting hypocritically, but name calling and posts like rock's are simply over the top... I call out a friend equally, like I did with Dave, when they step over the line. I am glad that post was deleted as this is not the SN I know....
xymotic and chef2sail like this.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 12-06-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Fun......and someone has to keep you ... centered.

...Dave
I have been centered since the beginning, you on other hand have been a bit off even if in the end it seems we mostly agree. Don't take this as an offense, only fools don't change opinion if the evidence points in other sense...and unfortunately there are a lot of fools out there

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-06-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-06-2012

Sabreman will become famous soon enough Sabreman will become famous soon enough

This is sad, plain sad. If I saw this sort of dialog on my teen-age daughter's Facebook page, I'd tell her that she was acting like a middle-schooler. In my 55 years of living, I learned a few things including that when someone starts calling people names, they're generally insecure and have lost the debate in which they were engaged. So they lash out, often ineffectively. If one is not on the receiving end, it can be quite humorous to watch.

So here we are, yet again pontificating in the comfort of our dry, stable homes on what a professional mariner should or should not have done. The reality is that for the most part, we are clueless as to the precise circumstances surrounding the sad event. Yet we feel that we must be heard and that our opinion is golden.

Shame on us. Calling Dave a Nazi? Seriously? He's knowledgeable and a good person. In no way does a statement like that constitute a debate; it's meant for only one purpose - to be hurtful. If my kid did that, I'd be ashamed of her and of myself for what I apparently failed to teach her. Dave has shown his generosity of knowledge and of person countless times, often at personal expense..... he once went out of his way to visit my wife and I on Victoria when he could have just driven home after a long day at work.

I sincerely hope that we take a moment to think about our spirit of generosity toward each other, think about how senseless personal attacks are, take a moment to put ourselves in other's shoes, to understand that the world does not revolve around us or our blessed opinion. If for no reason than that it's the right thing to do.

You're a good guy Dave - chin up! I've also learned that if the critters are nipping at your heels, you must have something that they want!
xymotic and chef2sail like this.
Old 12-07-2012

Marcel D is on a distinguished road

You know what I dont under stand were all sailer and we are all friends. We share a comman intrest, we all love the same sport sailing that is why we are here. These other topics on these threads just cause problems. I dont mind talking about fiber glass repairs or reefing options, but i am not talking religon or any array of other topics here. I dont mind to be corrected about a statement I have made, but do it in respective tone, like I said we are all frineds here. Maybe he for got to take his?

Risperidone (Risperdal)
Olanzapine (Zyprexa)
Quetiapine (Seroquel)
Ziprasidone (Geodon)
Aripiprazole (Abilify)
Paliperidone (Invega

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.