SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Fastest way to board your boat

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Dirtboy 
#1 ·

#4 ·
Man, I hate when people think it's okay to just drop in. Doesn't appear staged, but you have to wonder how this ended up on video. Looks like the bike nose-dived into a floating dock, so the boat definitely got the better of it.

#8 ·
I only know this because I love motorcycles and follow motorcycle news, but he was a French journalist for Moto-Journal riding a brand new 2013 FJR1300 that was loaned to them to test. They were taping him for the review of the bike and this happened, hence the video.

Having recently been in a bad motorcycle accident, I know the feeling. I hope he is okay.

I will admit though, it was a horrible way to board a boat :)

#7 ·
What the h3ll is he doing on the sidewalk anyway...??? Aren't those metal bumbers supposed to keep moterized traffic "back" from the wharf...??

#9 ·
I will add that the FJR1300 is one of my dream bikes... Every time that I see this clip I want to cry...

Good thing that he had a helmet on, as it looks as though he hit his head on a stanchion.

#10 ·
I found this link on my Aprilia forum. I'm thinkin' it's time to put away (sell) my silly toy, as ive made it this far, 54 without accident. What am doing with a 180 hp 400# motorcycle anyway. Besides, The funds will help with the new boat.

#13 ·
I found this link on my Aprilia forum.
Me too.

I'm thinkin' it's time to put away (sell) my silly toy, as I've made it this far, 54 without accident. What am doing with a 180 hp 400# motorcycle anyway. Besides, The funds will help with the new boat.
Big Mistake IMHO. The RSV4 might not be the right bike for you but don't give up motorcycling! LOL I considered the new "4" but am so happy with my '03 Tuono I just can't justify buying one. I'd be just as happy with a dual sporter for the street, especially around town.

I'm 70 next month and plan a track day for my present to myself. I honestly think motorcycling has kept me young. Young in body and spirit. Kept me sharp and alert and allows me to hone my skills on a daily basis.

Observation from 20 years in the business: people who stop riding miss it, a lot. I find many parallels motorcycling/sailing but one main difference is; motorcycling is fun and practical while sailing is fun only. When times got tough for me years ago it was the boat that got sold, I rode the bike every day, put 92,000 miles on that bike. I needed that bike not the boat. Now, times got a little better and I thought the boat would be fun again (and it is.)

'Course that's me and just my unsolicited advice. :)

DB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.