Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013
GennyWinch

dsullyec1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1
Re: Need Input on Insurance Companies

That's amazing..$50?? Things have definitely changed. I admit to not having a scrap of experience, however Paul has, in the way past, been boating out on Chesapeake Bay quite a bit, and he took the 101, 103/104 sailing classes in Kemah, TX several years ago and was sailing during that time. I will be taking the classes probably in April/May so I will be much more sea worthy/knowledgeable then. It's a bit frustrating because it's a catch 22 situation...can't get insurance due to lack of experience; can't get experience due to lack of insurance. ARG!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2013
GennyWinch

dsullyec1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysails View Post
I have had a great experience with the CHUBB group. Comprehensive plan and good rates. I really shopped it hard and had some good referrals.
Did you have experience? Is your boat old like ours? Ours is an 83' S2-11C.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2013

outbound is on a distinguished road

one thing to think about is what you may want to do in the future. Believe Boat US will cover US coastal waters and Bahamas without trouble but difficult farther south or across pond. Likely easier to up grade policy in future to include additional cruising grounds if you are working with the same company and have no claims. May wish to ask your lender and broker who they suggest as insurer. Personally got good info that way.