SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Plastic Classic Forum...

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Smier 
#1 ·
This is for a different forum, but some of you guys might go there and perhaps be able to help me...

I tried registering for PC forum, and says I need to contact administrator to become active...

Except I can't contact administrator unless I "Log In"...!!!

So I'm kinda stuck...

Anybody know how to contact someone in charge over there...??

#3 ·
From the top of the site's registration page...

"Please note that you will need to enter a valid e-mail address before your account is activated. The administrator will review your account and if approved you will receive an e-mail at the address you specified."

Tah-dahhh. ;)

#5 ·
Your account has been created. However, this board requires account activation by the administrator group. An e-mail has been sent to them and you will be informed when your account has been activated.
This is the memo from second account... I got this memo from the frist as well...

6 weeks later and I never seen the "welcome" e-mail...

#6 ·
Squiddy,
It took me some time a year or two ago to get 'approved' at the PC forum as well. Just checked over there and Maine Sail posted a query for you.
The new owner/moderator of the PC forum responded:

"The past few months I've been getting several hundred registration requests per day, and as you can guess, most are from spammer/scammer types, and I just mow 'em down. I've changed the 'anti-bot' measures to try and make it tougher for auto-registrations now which should make *real* registrations be more obvious, so have the fellow re-register, and I'll get him activated. I don't have memberships on those forums IIRC, so could you pass along that message to him? Many thanks!"

If there is a way to indicate that you are not a spammer or spam bot - do so.

As MS says, the traffic there is pretty light but there are some interesting posts if you're willing to look 'em up.

Try again.

#7 ·
I did sign up today with a second name/address and was "approved" within minutes...probably thanks to Maine...

but still nothing on the first name<Squidd> so I'll use active account to hopefully get first choice approved..

Then I'll just have to start posting and argueing with myself to boost traffic ;)

#9 ·
I did sign up today with a second name/address and was "approved" within minutes........

Then I'll just have to start posting and argueing with myself to boost traffic ;)
Oh Oh.....
;)

#8 ·
I am an admin on another sailing site, and we just got through waging war with an onslaught of spam-bots. I spent hours sorting the legit registered users from the bot accounts. The spammers keep finding ways past the counter-measures that are meant to stop them. At one point we resorted to manually approving members by e-mail but we were quickly swamped. Fortunately we had a techie beef up our security by adding screening questions that only a human could answer.

It sounds like the guys running that site were having the same problem keeping the riff-raff out!

#11 ·
Anybody else want to help me get registered there too? Been waiting over a week to get my account approved.

Art Haberland is the name I chose there, deciding to get away from mad-machine for a while and get more... "normal"

#14 ·
thanks.. it is annoying when you wait and wait and wait and you have -no- way to contact an administrator to see what is going on (because you need to be an active member to do so)

#15 ·
I have tried registering there twice, with no luck either time. I love reading the threads, and would love to include my projects. I have also noticed lately that a fairly active member there is going thru and deleting all his posts so some of the threads no longer make any sense??? My suspicion is that the site really isn't being managed any longer or that there has been some sort of falling out between members. It's a shame, its a great site that has helped and inspired me a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.