Cruising and Facebook - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 12-19-2012
Wandering Aimlessly

Re: Cruising and Facebook

The thing with Facebook is you have to join, to view. That's why I use my website and blog, as well as here. Where anyone can follow ... at least if I get off my fat, lazy a$$ and get back out there this spring. It's hard leaving a place where you can live for $300 a month plus groceries.

John
Ontario 32 - Aria

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 12-19-2012 Thread Starter
Best Looking MALE Mod

The nice thing about FB is that I can do it on the go. I can (and have) literally posted underway with pics and a short writeup. I posted on the Tuna we caught minutes after doing it (and Kris may have been posting while it happened). It kinda gives you a immediate feel for what and where that person is and what is happening.

The Facebook stuff automatically updates to my web site. I also carry a blog which automatically updates to the web site. SO when we reach a port and I have some time, I can reach out and type up more details and more pics.

I have not published the web site yet. It is very large and I am still Proofreading it. Even when I publish it will no doubt have a lot of issues but hey!... I'm trying and it's free.

Anyways, you might find you keep people up-to-date a lot more if you FB PBeezer. With a smart phone, it is as simple as type, attach and post and doesn't take much longer than that.

Regarding Twitter, I also have a twitter account but it is more for really short one-liners so I don't use it much. For us, FB seems the better tool.

Brian

Sailnet Moderator

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

post #13 of 15 Old 12-19-2012
Wandering Aimlessly

I do the same with my website and blog.

John
Ontario 32 - Aria

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

post #14 of 15 Old 12-19-2012

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Yeah I use Facebook all the time to monitor my managers and employees shananagins. Ive have caught more than a few calling out then seen at a baseballl game

It has its place

My wife and I dont want our kids following our every move so we dont post very often.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
post #15 of 15 Old 12-19-2012 Thread Starter
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Yeah I use Facebook all the time to monitor my managers and employees shananagins. Ive have caught more than a few calling out then seen at a baseballl game
Hillarious!

Brian

Sailnet Moderator

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.