Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Cruising and Facebook

Well, we have tried to catch up to the modern times!! We are on Facebook and have found it a great way to keep everyone up to date on what we are doing, where we are cruising, what we like, and lots of pictures to make the snowed-in friends jealous!!

Anyways, if anyone on here wants to follow us, the link is:

http://www.facebook.com/brian.mistrot.9

If you want, you can send me a friend request and I will accept too. No problem.

For the next couple of weeks, until I get Doctor clearance, we are stuck in St pete. I already have a lot of pics and stuff up for that. Neat area and worth seeing as you cruise. As soon as I get a green light, I am blowing out of here and sailing south. Hope to catch Gary and others.

SO feel free to follow along if you want. Send a Friend Request if you want. Happy to show you the pics, etc and what our crazy life with kids is like while cruising.

Brian
T37SOLARE and dacap06 like this.

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2012

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Re: Cruising and Facebook

What, too lazy to do a blog?
Journey in Patience
Old 12-17-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
What, too lazy to do a blog?
Journey in Patience
Doing a full web site actually. I have uploaded more pictures than I can count (took out the largest account Godaddy allows). It lays out all the places we have been, lots of pics, areas to go to, how to get into them, what we thought of them, pics of the anchorages, technical sections including Mainsheet publications and other things I have written that are not Catalina specific, pics of the day, etc. You can even get on it and drop me a message inside the web site which comes straight to my phone and I can reply. It covers everything from Pensacola to Key Largo.

I just have a few final touches to put on it. I have spent three months putting it together, getting domains, attaching facebook, blogs, and making all the links work. It is all for free too...

Stay tuned.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 12-17-2012

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

And I haven't updated mine since I shocked the world and admitted I went back to the dark side of monohull sailing
Old 12-17-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough

Hey Brian,
While you are nursing your horn cleat damaged parts perhaps you ought to drop in on SN member Knothead (aka, Steve Smith(?)) who is a rigger based in St. Pete. I would if I was killing time in St. Pete.

He has a real sailboat. A Nor'sea 27'.

Everybody has one:

Old 12-18-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
Hey Brian,
While you are nursing your horn cleat damaged parts perhaps you ought to drop in on SN member Knothead (aka, Steve Smith(?)) who is a rigger based in St. Pete. I would if I was killing time in St. Pete.

He has a real sailboat. A Nor'sea 27'.
Already did. Had a drink with him and his beautiful bride a couple months ago. Good people.
CalebD likes this.

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 12-18-2012

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about

Speaking of which, how is the Com - Pac?
Are the boys enjoying it?
I picked up an O'Day Javelin as a project this time last year. I think I might get to it in January. I love small boat sailing.
Where are you currently?
St Petes? Do you know where you will be in March?

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 12-18-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
Speaking of which, how is the Com - Pac?
Are the boys enjoying it?
I picked up an O'Day Javelin as a project this time last year. I think I might get to it in January. I love small boat sailing.
Where are you currently?
St Petes? Do you know where you will be in March?
THe ComPaq is in Washington, nestled under a nice little cover. Kind of a bummer because it would be a blast down here. Unfortunately, I didn't want to haul it all the way down and it would not work for us cruising.

If anyone wants it, let me know. I would almost give it away as that is better than sitting in Washington and getting rained and snowed on all year.

I am currently in St Pete. Had a boating accident (the cleat) and just got out of another Ortho Appt. He said it may well be another 6-8 weeks before he is comfortable with me leaving. Real bummer... but I still feel I am very lucky.

Hopefully March will find us in the keys (at least) or Bahamas (hopefully). Kinda outta my hands now.

Take care!!!

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 12-18-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

I thought Facebook was a bit old hat and Twitter was the thing these days ?

Not that I would know, I'm not even much of an instant message sender.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 12-19-2012

St Anna is on a distinguished road
Done