Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012

hillenme is on a distinguished road
Re: To all my Northern Sailing Friends...

I love winter in Chicago as long as it snows and isn't just a$$ cold. Especially where I live downtown it has a magical feeling to it. Spring boat work on the hard is a fun time - personally I wish we could just squeeze in one more month on either side of fall and spring. I'd love to haul the boat on Nov. 30 and launch on April 1 :-)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-21-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Move to the Chessie. We dont haul...sail from the Ides of March till Dec 15. Have now, fall and all the seasons.

Dave
hillenme likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 12-21-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Hey, sweet! A new FightClub!!!!!!

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 12-21-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTardis View Post
Some of us in the Chessie are hardcore, I was out a few days ago. But now I'm slinking off to the Caribbean for a few days to remind myself what sunshine looks like. Too bad my boat is a trailer sailor and not carry-on!
Yo tard - that's a damn fine looking boat! Wow!

Old 12-21-2012
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
...having marched you and your family to the foredeck at gun point, fearful of taking a dump , and having to hold your aching bowels til after dark, for fear of the poop cops catching you...
Dude - you really need to get out more.

Old 12-21-2012

blt2ski will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysails View Post
Looks like snow not rain on our first day out, getting excited now

Depending upon where you are moored, come up to Edmonds, 20 some odd boats all decorated up in lights. Just watch out for the one decked out with a tree up front, white lights for the main, with two suspicious characters driving it front and center!

Marty

Capt-T likes this.
Old 12-21-2012
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Hey, sweet! A new FightClub!!!!!!
Smack,

Its Sailnet love!

Happy Holidays! The days start getting longer tomorrow!

I got a hole dug under the rudder before the ground turns to cement so I can drop it to change the cutlass bearing. As 50+ winds pound the island with 20 foot waves there is no sand blowing around here tonight. The road to town is covered with rockweed and rocks thrown up by the blow. You gotta love winter's variety Downeast. My power has gone off 4 times today! There is nothing like candle light if you don't start a fire. With luck we will get some snow soon so I can try out the new chains I put on my plow truck! When the ice gets thick enough we get out the "tip-ups" and the bourbon for a little winter fishing.

The Admiral says she would like to try a little of the "other winter". "Bah Humbug". This is what winter is all about. Perhaps a week or two in February, if she "insists", should be spent decompressing in the EC? What do you think? There will still be 6 weeks of downhill skiing left when we get back.

It is nice to have friends in southern places keeping our backs and making the kinds of inviting comments that might just result in a well deserved vacation from the deep freeze. It shortens winter.

Down
smackdaddy likes this.
Old 12-21-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
I've been struggling all morning with a response.. but can't come up with one that won't call for self moderation for rudeness, personal attack, pick one...
Hey ... that's my line ....

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 12-21-2012
Puget Sound Pounder

kellysails is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Depending upon where you are moored, come up to Edmonds, 20 some odd boats all decorated up in lights. Just watch out for the one decked out with a tree up front, white lights for the main, with two suspicious characters driving it front and center!

Marty
Hey Marty,

You guys really do it up. At Eagle Harbor marina I think they put lights on the pump out cart We are heading up to Poulsbo although Edmonds was on our short list. Say Hi to Kelley at Rory's!
Old 12-21-2012

blt2ski will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysails View Post
Hey Marty,

You guys really do it up. At Eagle Harbor marina I think they put lights on the pump out cart We are heading up to Poulsbo although Edmonds was on our short list. Say Hi to Kelley at Rory's!
The folks are one of the YC's in town, has worked with the port for the last 15 yrs or so to put members boats in the visitor area for December. Usually about 15-25 boats all lit up. Then there is a best lit boat contest with the members voting. Hence why there is a number of boats here lit up. I saw maybe 20-40 thru out shilshole the other night too. But not all in one place as here.

It get done up pretty good here needless to say. Worth a trip over on the ferry if you want to walk back and forth too.

Those funky drivers above, that boat has won 3 yrs running!

marty