Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
To all my Northern Sailing Friends...

I dedicate this thread to all those scraping the snow off their sidewalks instead of eating it out of a cone, those with 14 layers of clothes on their body instead of in their drawers, those who have red noses instead of red shoulders, those with bubblers under their boats instead of in their hands, those with a dozen extension cords snaked throughout the cabin to heaters instead of fans, those who wear rubber boots instead of flipflops, those who put salt on their drives instead of on their margaritas, and those who have antifreeze in their tanks instead of water....

... our thoughts are with you. Better days are only six months away. The sun is still up there beyond the clouds. The annual Ice Age will retreat.

And remember, those of us in Florida are plying the waters to keep them aerated for you. We are fishing the docks and coasts to make sure its inhabitants do not become complacent before your return. We are snorkeling and diving the reefs to make sure the life of the sea is staying in good order for the day you can come out of your igloos. We are ever mixing margaritas and toasting you at sunset, tears in our eyes. We got your back, my friends, we got your back.

Personally, I think you guys and gals up there owe us a bit of thanks.

Your Floridian friend,

Brian

PS It is 78 here today...
smackdaddy and tspooner like this.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-20-2012
Courtney the Dancer

jrd22 will become famous soon enough
Re: To all my Northern Sailing Friends...

There's a special place for people like you Brian, and I'm not talkin bout FL. :-))

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

Old 12-20-2012

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about

Was that really necessary?
FYI, I could not live in a climate where it is always Hot. I enjoy the change of seasons. To each his own I guess. We sail a hell of a lot between April and November. Than the rest of the year it's "Honey Do" list time. Nothing wrong with putting your boat in dry dock, it prolongs the life of everything. +++ No freaking salt where I sail. If you want to take a bath you simply jump in.
You make it sound like living North of the Mason Dixon is a bad thing. It's not so bad.
I am going sailing next week.
Cruisingdad likes this.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 12-20-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd22 View Post
There's a special place for people like you Brian, and I'm not talkin bout FL. :-))
Hey, I'm not opposed to taking a bit of pain like my northern friends. For example, I fly into Portland next Thursday at 1000 pm. I fly back out the next day at 1 pm. Who am I not to share in your difficulties? We are all in this together.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 12-20-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
Was that really necessary?
FYI, I could not live in a climate where it is always Hot. I enjoy the change of seasons. To each his own I guess. We sail a hell of a lot between April and November. Than the rest of the year it's "Honey Do" list time. Nothing wrong with putting your boat in dry dock, it prolongs the life of everything. +++ No freaking salt where I sail. If you want to take a bath you simply jump in.
You make it sound like living North of the Mason Dixon is a bad thing. It's not so bad.
I am going sailing next week.
I'm going sailing today... (snicker)

Plus, we get a change of season too. It is called Snow Bird Season and Tourist Season.

Brian
jrd22 likes this.

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 12-20-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Emjoy the mosquitos, palmetto bugs, love bugs, alligators, humidity and hurricanes. Thanks for sharing
Cruisingdad and T37Chef like this.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 12-20-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Three replies and not a single thank you from any of you!!!

Dissapointing, really.

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 12-20-2012

steve77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Three replies and not a single thank you from any of you!!!

Dissapointing, really.

Brian
I'm actually jealous of the one who are snowed in. Here in the Boston area all we have is cold and rain. Haven't seen a serious looking snowflake yet.
Cruisingdad and justflie like this.
Old 12-20-2012

blutoyz is on a distinguished road

I don't really know you as I am new on here but ....

I hate you and the warm water you sail in...
Cruisingdad and smackdaddy like this.
Old 12-20-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

While you are down there gloating, i am up here enjoying another season that isn't causing any UV damage to my inflatable and canvas, appreciating that I can always warm up without running a generator, unlike Florida folk who can't survive without AC, repairing and building boat stuff without losing any sailing weather, not having to explain Christmas carols to my kids ("dad, what is an open fire? what is a snow man? what are sleigh bells?")...
and when it gets to 52 degrees in january we're rejoicing and putting on shorts.
When it gets DOWN to 52 degrees in Florida, you're wishing you had the winter clothing we just took off.

Perspective. It's a wonderful thing.
chef2sail likes this.