SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cruising to Central America with guns part 2

789 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dabnis 
#1 ·
For whatever reason I couldn't reply to the original post:

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gener...ated/95160-cruising-central-america-guns.html

There has been some talk about using 12 gauge shotgun shells in flare guns
which may be very dangerous as the flare guns may not be strong enough to handle the potentially higher pressures of many verities of loads such as "short magnums".

Our home defense system are double action .357 Magnum REVOLVERS and shotguns loaded with 00 buckshot. Simple is GOOD, hope we never have to use them and we will retreat if at all possible. Have had many years of firearms experience including military training.

An alternative might be these:

Bud's Bangsticks & Powerheads protect against sharks & all marine predators

Although the bad guy would have to be way too close for me.

No lecture as to whether or not one should arm themselves in that area but the poor ex Marine that was luckily released from a Mexican prison for DECLARING an antique shotgun:

Ex-Marine Jon Hammar back on US soil after release from Mexico prison | Fox News

would make me think long and hard about it. Suggest you be very careful, good luck.

Paul T

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.